*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787644-The-unreliability-of-computers
by Harrie
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #1787644
Have faith.....
As an aspiring author, I am thinned skinned towards my work, but I do accept positive suggestions, lightly not so harsh, I am a student after all. Honestly, I have no writing experience with an exception of the English lessons I endured through school; in addition, I wasn’t the most ecstatic of students, not necessarily Failing but not the crème de le crème either. Science students tend to be more rational, it’s all about facts with us, henceforth Arts with its lack of structure and order is a challenge to my creative side. I am the type of writer with spelling mistakes and improper grammar, constantly using Google as a vocabulary supplement (don’t be surprised when reading this). Plus, the only books I have read are more of chemistry textbooks and the Bible. I have no education in Literature, who is Shakespeare anyway? What an irregularity, a writer who does not read books? I am full of surprises. Short stories, I am an open book to, novels, still trying.

Definitely done with the beating about the bush, I had saved the 1st chapter of my book, (which I worked blood, sweat and tears, burning the midnight oil) in my laptop but it wasn’t “perfect” for the grand opening therefore when you look in my portfolio there is no such thing as chapter one. When time came to reveal my own Mona Lisa my laptop of course crashed. There were signs here and there, but it was a new laptop so nothing serious. All I had to do was reboot or whatever term they used, and just like that everything my music, my books were all deleted. It was new and I was going to set a backup later, excitement... excitement.

I felt like my system should just crash all together with the laptop. Upset with my dad for buying me such a poor quality laptop, upset with myself for not saving my work in a flash or any storage, I went to bed with authoring as yet one more thing written off. Leaching music out of my sister’s laptop the next morning, I came across a folder with my name and opening it, there it was, light at an end of a long, dark tunnel, my music folder. It didn’t have everything but it was a start. While jumbling through her documents I had lost hope for my books which seemed then to be historical. The recycle bin was my last resort, praying that it was not emptied I searched through with apprehension. Restoring a folder, I found that which was once lost my books. Although not the perfected, the ideas, the structure and order were there all there, they just needed a bit of polishing. The memory of saving anything in her laptop was long recycled and whatever lead to me to ramble through it was a miracle. Thank you God! The expression “joy comes in the morning” is true (Psalms 30:5)

I hope this is an encouragement, don’t give up! My word count is almost(I'm rounding off here) 10 words per minute, I have no experience, but it has nothing to do with that. I have the grace of God and passion, there are no supplements for that, plus it can only be uphill from here. Release the author that has always been in you. We all have a lot to learn; that is why it is continuous. It may seem like everything is going the wrong way but God has the final say. Rather yet, it is a warning; don’t put all your faith in a laptop and remember to save in a reliable source (hint: writing.com) *Smile*

© Copyright 2011 Harrie (harrie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787644-The-unreliability-of-computers