*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788370-Stop-killink-animals
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1788370
10 million animals are trapped and killed worldwide each year for lather product.
Approximately 10 million animals are trapped and killed worldwide each year for lather product. Several U.S. states and many countries have banned the steel-jawed leg hold trap, which is notorious for its cruelty. Trappers now get around this ban by using other types of traps, including snare traps, conibear traps or leg hold traps with a thin layer of padding added. If you spend time in the woods with your dog or cat, it is important to carry rope and wire cutters, and learn how to release these traps.



Much of the leather purchased in the U.S. is imported from India and China, where conditions for animals are particularly cruel and the cows are so malnourished that they yield little if any meat. Old and sick cows are often forced to march long distances, then crammed tightly into illegal transport trucks that take them to the slaughterhouse. Upon arrival, handlers beat and torture weak and injured cows to force them to walk to the killing floor, then slit their throats while they are still fully conscious. Most clothing labels only specify where the product was finished, not where the leather came from, so if you purchase leather you may be supporting this extreme animal cruelty without even knowing it.



Other animals used to make leather include horses, sheep, lambs, goats and pigs who are raised and slaughtered for meat, as well as kangaroos, elephants, and sharks who are hunted specifically for their skins. In some countries, even dogs and cats are killed for their skins, yet because the products are deliberately mislabeled, consumers around the world unknowingly buy leather made from former companion animals.



Not only is the breeding and killing of animals for leather cruel in itself, but the chemicals used in the tanning process – including formaldehyde, chromium, arsenic, and cyanide-based dyes and finishes – pose serious threats to both the environment and human health. Studies conducted by the Centers for Disease Control found a higher incidence of leukemia among populations living near tanneries, and other research has shown highly elevated cancer rates among tannery workers.



If we use regenerative lather then we can save these animals. So please use only regenerative lather product to save the animals.



© Copyright 2011 John Kurt (johnkurt75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788370-Stop-killink-animals