*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788448-Suddenly-awake
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1788448
Dreams from the heart.


With a whisper in my heart I rise.  With a spark in my soul I rise. 
If I could become what I feel inside, I would fly with the wings of eagles.  As I allow myself to open my soul tonight, I am beautiful, I am confident, I am comfortable, I am happy I am free and nothing is outside my reach.  The night air is surrounding my thoughts,  It is with a tingle of excitement inside me that has made me run to paper.  No one is watching I am alone and as I step outside my shell for this long lost moment I create a sparkle that shines so bright for myself tonight.  I feel that no matter what hurdles are in front of me at this moment, I have special powers that allow me to shine.
My light is bright, my breath  is soft and steady I am strong.  In the distance  someone is calling my name.  It a sound that I have never let myself hear before, It is the sound of my own voice, and as I listen, My beauty  has stepped out tonight.  I believe  ones beauty  is within our own closed eyes, and when we imagine the possibilities of coming alive, it is like a short huff of wind that has blown the dust off my shoulders and I can see above the clouds, I am tall with integrity, I am fresh with hope, I am my fathers daughter.  I can hear his voice beside me, I can feel his strong arms around me, I am loving, I am full of a young girls dreams tonight.  I had no script to follow, I was always behind, in  back of, hiding from someone and everything.  It is in the dark where no one can recognize me that I shine, when the doors are closed and the world sleeps I step out, and dream. 
      Like an old chair that sits in the corner of a consignment shop waiting to be seen.
Like a dress in the window that no one finds  pretty.  It is pressed and clean and holds a smile for the world. One day dreaming of a beautiful  princess to come and wear her if but for just a day.  Yet time goes by and she is out of style and is put to the corner of the closet for the moths to feed upon her, and  As her color fades she weakens.  The buttons try to hold on to her, but as the thread that has held them in place loses its strength they too fall away.  what is left is a dress that is torn and tattered, the stitches are brittle and the shoulders droop.  But still she dreams, like she is a beautiful new dress with layers of lace and her buttons are shinny and new.  Her color is blue and white with vibrant hues..  She dreams. 
      One day a strong heartfelt man passes the window and he sees a glimpse of the beautiful dress and he ponders just for a moment. then he stretches out his hands to reach for the bag that holds the dress and rushes home to give it to his bride.    As she rushed to her room to try it on, she catches sight of herself in the mirror,  It fits....she dreams... she wakes...

written by Victoria Maurice 6-20-2011.
© Copyright 2011 sewinghabit (sewinghabit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788448-Suddenly-awake