*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788853-Chapter-15-MomoThe-Mights
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1788853
Serrony meets her favorite pop idol.
                                                                                          Chapter 15
                                                                                    “Momo& The Mights”


         I saw two little kids running around in a house with wooden floors. One little girl looked like me, and the other had short light brown hair and dark blue eyes. The two girls both ran around playing, until one girl fell. The brown hair girl started to cry. A man with short shiny, silver hair picked her up. Both girls called the man father. His face looked very familiar, I couldn’t remember where I had seen him before.

“That must be Zen when he was younger! But why am I calling him father?” I thought. 

         Suddenly, my alarm clock went off. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock; it was nine a.m.

         Eskimo walked into my room with a tooth brush in her mouth. She was wearing a yellow sun dress with white flats to match her white hair.

“Serrony! We just got a mission from Princess Tayla.”

         I got up from bed, got dressed, and we were off to Princess Talya’s office.

*******

“I’m glad you’re all awake!” she said.

“Barely,” I mumbled.

“Today we have an important mission for you guys! You’ll be protecting Momo & The Mights!”

“Momo & The Mights!” We shouted.

         Momo& The Mights is the most well known band in the galaxy! The band members are Jace, Andrew, Mike, Adam and Momo; who is the lead singer. She’s been my idol sense birth! I have all their music on my V-cam! Ryan and I used to sing duets to their songs when we were kids.

“This is the best day ever!” Princess squealed.

“Okay guys, you can come in now!” Princess Yuna called from outside the office.

         The door opened, and the band walked in. We were all literally star struck. The band came in wearing white leather jackets with spikes on the shoulders, and on the back had each band members name on it in blue writing.

“Ello Galaxy Guardians, my name is Momo!”

         Momo had turquoise hair which was cut in a bob, light brown eyes, and skin as white as Eskimo’s hair. She wore a sliver sequence top with white latex leggings, and white go-go boots.

“H-hi m-my name I-is S-Serrony!” I stuttered.

         The whole band laughed.

“There’s no need to be nervous, Serrony. We’re  just regular people, like you,” Adam said.

I blushed.

Princess Talya interrupted my star struck moment.

“Moving on.., You’ll be escorting Momo& The Mights to `The World Rocks Festival` held in New York where they will also be performing.”

“But, why do they need to be protected?” Kyle asked.

“Good question Kyle,” said Princess Yuna.

Momo sat on Princess Talya’s desk, crossed her legs, and took off her shades.

“We are being hunted down by galaxy bounty hunters.”

Fun Fact: Galaxy Bounty hunters go after famous celebrities, and kill them or kidnap them for ransom money. 

“In order to capture these bounty hunters, you must go under cover as a band named `Make-up.` You will also be performing at the festival so you have five days to come up with a song,” said Princess Yuna.

“Isn’t five days as much time as it takes to get to New York?” Blue Jay asked.

“Exactly,” Princess Yuna replied.

“We only have five days to come up with an awesome song?” I asked.

Princess Yuna nodded, “Yep.”

         We rushed back to our apartment and packed our things. Soon, we were ready to go out into the depths of space.

“How are we supposed to come up  with a song!” I screamed.

“All I know is it has to be a good song or we’re going to get booed off the stage,” said Black Rose.

“You have a point,” I said.

         Momo& The Mights overheard us stressing out over the song from the other side of the ship.

“Don’t get your trousers in a bunch. Writing a song is easy!” Momo insisted.

“Well of course it is, for you! You’re an Oxy’s winner!” said Princess

Fun Fact: Oxy’s are like the Grammies except it’s for the whole galaxy.

“We could never make a song as great as yours,” said Blue Jay.

         We hung our heads; discouraged. However, that didn’t stop Momo from cheering us up. 

“Adam, let me borrow your guitar!” 

Adam tossed her the guitar and she started to sing a song.

“It doesn’t take much to write a song,
all you need is a catchy tune so you can sing along.
Melody, chords and lyrics is all you need,
then you’ll have a great song indeed.

It doesn’t take that much to write a song,

You must remember to
write about stuff yah know,
Cuz if yah don’t….
the crowd will surly go.

That’s all the tips you need, my dear
so your fame won’t disappear.
It doesn’t take that much to write a song…”

         After Momo’s song was over, we all clapped with enthusiasm. We were ready do make our own song. It only took her ten minutes to come up with a song like that. We were so amazed; she really was an extraordinary person. Some celebrities have other people do everything and they just take the credit, but not Momo. It was nice to know that my idol really was an idol in person as well.

“Now, what things do you guys do that people would want to hear about?”  Momo asked.

“Um… we fight crime,” Kyle answered.

“Exactly!”

         Momo grabbed a pencil, paper, and some reading glasses. We had no idea what she was doing, so we just decided to wait till she finished.

“How’s this?” she asked.

         We gathered around, excited to see what she wrote down on the paper.

“This is really good, Momo!” I shouted.

“Good enough to sing on stage?” she asked.

“Of course!” We insisted.

Five days later…….

          The trip to New York was a long and tiring one. It took us forever to get here, but it felt good to be back home on Earth. We landed the ship at the airport, and checked into our hotel.

“You guys don’t eat cats?” Blue Jay asked.

“No! Cats are friends, not food!” I shouted.

“Awe..” Eskimo sighed as she let the gray cat escape.

“I can make a mean cat stew,” Black Rose said.

“We make chop cat on Teveyon,” Princess chimed in.

         Kyle and I looked at them in discuss.

“The topic of cats is not important right now. The festival is in two hours, and we still haven’t found our clothes on instruments!” I shouted.

“Oh yea, I completely forgot!”

Princess pulled out band outfits from her suitcase.

“I thought you might stress about this later so I put a little something before we left.” she replied.

         Princess really out did herself( like always.) The costumes had us speechless. We all had plaid skirts and blouses with hats. Our shoes were high heel boots. The clothes were all in different colors. I had orange, Princess had pink, Eskimo had blue, Blue Jay had white, Black Rose had red and Black Widow had purple. We looked in the mirror, and we really did look like a pop band. I was impressed; we might be able to pull this off after all. 

“What am I supposed to wear?” Kyle asked.

We all laughed.

“You didn’t actually think you were going to be in the band did you?” Princess joked.

         Black Widow handed him his laptop, “Your our music man,” she winked at him and smiled.

Kyle blushed, but he quickly pulled himself together.

“Okay Serrony, your lead guitar and vocals. Blue Jay, you play the drums and vocals. Black Rose, you’re the base and vocals. Black Widow, your on keyboards and vocals. Last but not least, Eskimo and Princess will be the lead singers.” he said.

Princess squealed with delight, “Oh my gosh! I’ve always wanted to be the lead singer of a rock band!”

“Enough with the chit-chat ladies! It’s time to get down to the real plan. While we’re performing, Kyle will be on guard to protect Momo & The Mights. As soon as we get off the stage, we go straight into battle mode. We’re going to wait for the bounty hunters to show themselves, then we attack!  Got it everyone?” I asked.

“Got it!”

*******

         The festival was great! There were tons of awesome bands there. We felt so honored to even be in their presence. Not to mention, we got quit a few autographs! I think I’m going to hang them up on the apartment walls when we get home. We were so nervous; we were set to go on in 10 minutes. This would be the fist and last time “Make-up” will ever perform. I didn’t know about them, but I wanted us to go out with a bang!

“Introducing a new band on the scene, Make-up!”

Princess started on the vocals, and Eskimo picked up after her.

“Go, Go, you better get out my way,
If you don’t be nice your gonna have to pay.
I know you’re used to doing crime,
But It’s not gonna work this time.

Go, Go, you better get out my way.

I go to the mall and party, it’s okay,
but when it comes to crime,
Honey I don’t play.

Go, Go, you better get out my way!”

         The crowd really enjoyed our one-hit-wonder song. We didn’t expect to get the reaction we did. I can’t believe we were really that great. Now I think I know what being a rock star is all about. We were far from professionals, the real band was about to come on next. The performance we’ve been waiting for the past five days to see…Momo& The Mights was up next.

“We are Make-up, thank you and goodnight!” Princess yelled to the crowd.

         We bowed and walked off the stage.

“We were so hot!” I shouted.

Momo hugged us.

“You guys were great out there!”

“Thanks, but you’ll be even better,” I said.

She laughed and hit me on the back.

“Awe, Thanks.”

“I’m sorry to break up this little reunion, but it’s time for us to take Momo!”

         I huge guy jumped down from the ceiling. He was wearing all black and had red x-ray goggles on his eyes; he was holding a laser gun.

“Not so fast! We’re Galaxy Guardians and you are under arrest!” I shouted.

“I don’t think so, little girl!” The bounty hunter shot the laser gun at Momo, but I blocked it with my force field.

“Battle formations!” I yelled.

         I used my lunar loopy technique to make him dizzy. Eskimo used her ice coffin technique to freeze him. Then, Princess slipped the laser cuffs on him.

Fun Fact: Lasercuff’s are ten times stronger than regular handcuffs. They’re used on aliens and any other creatures that are from Earth.

“Good work team,” I said.

“Thanks, you guys saved my life.” Momo said.

“No problem, It’s our job!” Princess winked.

“I guess I better put on an awesome show huh?”

“You bet,” I replied.

Momo winked at us and headed out on to the stage.
© Copyright 2011 Mrs. Populatery (supergirl23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788853-Chapter-15-MomoThe-Mights