*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789023-Eternal-chapter-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #1789023
Slip into Haven's dream as she remembers her past and how she was changed.
“You have to know who you are,
If you don’t you have nightmares”

(Stephan Rea)


Chapter VII


Haven- I was running down a bike path next to the Shayde River. It wasn’t a peaceful run though. I was trying to see through my tears with little luck, trying to run away from the dreadful thing. It flew over my head and landed only a few feet in front of me. Before I could turn it had trapped me.
         It was a he, with luminous red eyes and platinum blonde hair.
         “Hello, darling.” He had a very thick English accent.
         I involuntarily made a strangled noise and he smiled at my discomfort.
         “I’ve been waiting a very, very long time for this,” he said fangs uncovered.
         He pulled a tiny white vial out of his pocket and tried to shove it into my mouth. I spit and he glared nostrils flared.
         “Now puppet, don’t make this hard,” he punched my mouth breaking a few teeth causing me to gasp in pain.
         While my mouth was open, he shoved the vial down my throat and I fought my gag reflex. I coughed up the empty bottle and panted.
He gently, kissed my neck then ripped into it with his razor sharp teeth. He fed deeply from my carotid artery that ran the length of my throat. Minutes passed and I become light headed and sleepy, as my life drained from my body.
The man gasped and pulled himself away just as I began to pass out. He shoved his wrist to my mouth, it was ripped open and gushing blood, ugh, no never.
“Drink or you die,” He threatened.
I tried to rip my head away, but he pried open my mouth and shoved it in plugging my nose.
I started drinking, disgusted at myself; I would have never believed that in a few hours I would actually enjoy this. I swallowed mouthful after mouthful waiting for it to stop.
Finally, he pulled his wrist away and I spat the last mouthful I had onto the ground.
“It’s too late puppet, it’s already in your system,” he walked slowly around me as if stalking his prey.
I wasn’t tired anymore, but I did have a pounding headache, I felt my broken teeth fill back in and repair themselves, my clothes felt looser. It was like an instant health drink.
“Now, you just need to die,” He grinned smugly.
In a flash, he had me by my head positioned in the perfect neck-snapping angle. I didn’t care I welcomed death at this point.
He leaned in and whispered in my ear his teeth brushing my ear lobe, “Now when you wake up puppet, you better wreak havoc.” Then there was darkness.
The black lightened and turned to deep burgundy. It was everywhere; I looked down at the two bodies at my feet drained and lifeless.  They sat up and started to chase me down the path.
The path changed to a hallway and the bodies had gone. There was a blood-curdling scream somewhere in the distance. I took off down to the other end pulling on doors trying to find the veiled scream. I flung open door after door all of them revealing the same white padded room. The last door in the hallway stood farthest away from me taunting and teasing. The screams grew louder, pleading for their life. She screamed my name causing my legs to move towards the door. I couldn’t reach it though, it grew farther and farther away, seeming to laugh, as I struggled pushing my legs harder. My speed was so annoyingly slow the speed you had in most nightmares.
My hand finally reached the last bronze knob; it was locked. I growled and kicked it open just as the blonde haired man jumped out of the window.
My mother lay comatose in a puddle of blood and bleach. The bleach had stained her clothes and was turning her red hair, blonde.
With her last tortured breath she gasped, “Why weren’t you quicker.”
I ran to the window after the man and fell out of it, falling into an endless spiral. I felt like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. Blackness swarmed around me, and I pulled myself back to consciousness.
“Gahh,” I gasped waking up. I looked around. Somehow, I had gotten to my room from the stairway. Now I was curled up in the fetal position in the corner of my room.
“She’s dead,” I whispered to the silence of the house.
My nightmare came flying back to me like a boomerang and smacked me.
“Oh,” I gasped again.
It was my fault she’s dead now, I wasn’t there to protect her.
Pain.
That was all I felt now.
“I want it to stop, just please stop it,” I cried.
I choked on my sobs, and walked to the bathroom hoping the pain would stop.
A few minutes later it did, with my help it did.
I choked a small drunken giggle, as I watched the drops of blood run across my skin.
© Copyright 2011 Raynefall615 (raynefall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789023-Eternal-chapter-7