*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789059-Exercie-1---a-brief-on-writing
by ohyda
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1789059
Exercise 1 for the fiction workshop, a few impulsive thoughts.
Exercise 1:


When the readers read my novels…
I want them to feel -life-, and life the way I want to promote it. In other words, dead on the inside. I want them to feel the blood burning in their veins and a voice in their mind screaming: how could have I not noticed it! Life is full of those little obscurities and ironies. I want them to live the life of the story, like I have lived in my favourite books and will still live them for years to come. A life uglier and harsher, but much more worthy suffering for than the reader’s reality. Life that makes it clear that is a task to be done, with no reward for and no relief from suffering, for pain is the only feeling that truly exists; that makes its own existence felt. I want the reader to embrace it, feel disgust with their own being and fight for its unjust ugliness.

That’s because to me, novels are…
your little quiet self-run mental asylums which makes the pain of reflecting about life and other people bearable. A novel should not be about heroic deeds, beautiful ladies and illogical otherworldly magic; it should be about people responding to people and their own dreams, with a necessary bit of fiction or fantasy. The invincible man created a world which is an environment hostile to human beings. And that is not surprising, seeing how vile, pathetic, unworthy living creatures we are. We are monstrous, filthy and degraded sheep under the knife or a lustful, loathing, merciless and irrational heavenly butcher. And our lives go according to those boundaries. A novel is for us to feel true emotions for someone who we don’t know, who does not exist in dimension, who is nothing and no one at all. To feel sympathy, the emotional capacity that makes us more human than others.
© Copyright 2011 ohyda (ohyda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789059-Exercie-1---a-brief-on-writing