*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789248-Fallen-Angel-Partial-draft
Rated: E · Short Story · Music · #1789248
April meets her idol, Andy Six and falls in love.Will it work out or just fall apart?
I awoke with a loud scream, sweat dripped from my forehead and I was shaking violently. I knew I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep again.
Sighing I got out of my bed, which was uncomfortably warm that night and walked across the cool, tiled floor into my shower.
The shower water slid off me and I felt all the tension in my body drift away. I grabbed a towel and slipped out of the shower. I dried my raven black hair and checked my watch. 2:45, I sighed again and decided that there was no use trying to go back to sleep.

Once I was dry I headed back to my bedroom and opened my closet. I pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a Black Veil Brides tee. The black veil brides were my favourite band, always had been and always would be. I also grabbed a pair of checked vans, an iron key necklace and my makeup bag.

After changing I applied my makeup and teased my hair, adding my favourite zebra print bow. I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror. I was looking ok, I mean it was almost 3 in the morning and I’d done my best.
I grabbed my bag and checked my phone. No new calls. Of course not, why would he call? I was the one who was wrong, not him.

I snuck out past my dad’s room and out the front door. I stepped out onto the crunchy gravel and felt the freezing cold wind hit my face. It was still dark but I could just make out the shapes of cars and streetlights as I walked down the road. I wasn’t used to the street being so empty.

I’d lived in this place all my life, I’d come to the same park since before I could remember. I’d walked down the sidewalk more times than I could count and I’d bumped my fingers over the same Iron Gate since I could walk.
I walked through the gate into the park, there were a dim glow of streetlights and I could hear the chains on the swings clanging in the wind. I sat down on one of the swings and checked my phone again, no new messages, no missed calls. Nothing. He really didn’t care anymore. I was kicking myself internally for causing the person I loved so much pain.

I had a sudden idea to call him, make things right. Even though it was 3 am he would be awake, and even if he just ignored my call at least I would have tried. I picked up my phone and dialled his number. 2 minutes later he answered the phone.

‘What do you want April?’ He asked, he sounded agitated.
‘I’m sorry Ben. Really, what I did was wrong. I’m so sorry.’ I said
‘Don’t talk shit to me. You’re a devious little bitch.’ He said
A tear slipped down my face as I heard the line go dead. I put my head in my hands and cried, sure it was all my fault but it still hurt.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned quickly to face the person behind me. I expected it to be someone from school who just wanted to make fun of me. But I couldn’t have been more wrong, the person who had tapped me on the shoulder was none other than Andy Six (Biersack) my idol and the lead singer of my favourite band, the black veil brides.


‘Hey.’ He said
‘Hi.’ I said meekly, I was so nervous to meet my inspiration
‘Are you ok?’ He asked, he had the voice of an angel, a fallen angel.
‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ I said, brushing my hair into my eyes to hide the tears.
‘I see you’re a fan.’ He chuckled, glancing at my tee shirt.
I blushed violently and laughed.
‘So what’s your name?’ He asked
‘April, my name is April.’ I laughed softly as Andy took a seat on the swing beside me.
‘I’m guessing you know my name, but in case you didn’t I’m Andy.’ He laughed
‘Yeah I knew your name; you’re my idol so, yeah.’ I giggled, turning a bright shade of pink.
‘Mm, so why were you crying?’ He asked, his tone turning serious.
‘Just stuff.’ I said, trying to shrug it off.
‘You can tell me.’ He said, his eyes were concerned and sweet looking.
‘Um, I did something really bad yesterday and the person who I hurt by doing what I did hates me, which I totally get, but I still feel really bad about it because I know I still love him!’ I rushed out the words and I couldn’t help but start crying when I said that.
Andy moved closer to me and put his arm around me, not saying anything but I still felt really warm and safe. I looked into his ice blue eyes and sighed, he was an angel, a fallen angel. He had soft black hair that swept down into his eyes and skin the colour of polished ivory.
He stared back at me, only I couldn’t figure out what he would be staring at. I was completely plain, nothing special. My black hair and pallid skin were really the only interesting things about me. I had dull grey eyes and Plain Jane lips, not much to stare at.

We just stared at each other for what seemed like seconds but it could have been minutes, maybe even hours until my phone rang, belting out ‘Knives and Pens.’ I laughed and reached for it, trying not to show my blush. Andy let go of me and leaned back onto his swing.
I looked at the number and swore, it was my dad. I answered quickly
.
‘Dad?’ I asked
‘Where the hell are you!?’ He yelled down the phone.
‘Um, I’m at the park. I’ll be home soon I swear.’ I said
He didn’t say anything but just put the phone down, he must be mad at me.
I put my phone in my bag and turned to Andy.
‘I’m sorry, that was my dad I’ve got to go.’ I said

‘Oh, do you want me to walk you home?’ He asked
I couldn’t think of anything I wanted more, but I was determined to make sure that he didn’t know that.
‘Yeah, thanks.’ I said, concealing my burning face with my bangs.
‘No problem, I like helping pretty girls. Now, where did you live?’ He asked, blushing.
‘Um Cherrywood Drive.’ I said
‘That’s not far from here.’ He said
‘So what are you doing in such a small town?’ I asked him
‘Just taking a break before we start our next tour.’ He said
‘Oh.’ I said
‘Is this your road?’ He asked, pointing down a long, dark street.
‘Yeah.’ I said
‘And what number is it?’ He asked
‘Number 13.’ I said, pointing at a small white house with ivy that climbed up the sides.
‘It’s so pretty.’ He sighed
‘I guess so.’ I laughed
‘So I’d better go now, but here, take my number.’ He said, handing me a piece of paper. I took it and scrawled down my number with a felt tip on his arm.
‘Goodbye April.’ He said, waving
‘Bye Andy.’ I whispered, not wanting to say goodbye.
But Andy didn’t leave, he just stood there looking at me, as though he was expecting something.

He sighed and leaned forward, pulling me close. I just about melted, and I could hear my voice screaming in my head.
‘You’re beautiful April.’ He whispered in my ear.
I smiled, my favourite singer, my inspiration telling me that I was beautiful.
‘You’re my hero Andy,’ I whispered back, ‘and the most beautiful person I know.’
Andy held me in his arms and looked me straight in the eyes, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I draped my own around his neck, he has such a strong, warm neck. I couldn’t believe my eyes, my heart thumped loudly as Andy touched his lips to mine. It was melting and slow, the best moment of my life. They say you see fireworks when you kiss the right guy, well it might as well have been the fourth of July. I couldn’t feel anything but pure love as my hands entwined in that luxurious black hair and his own hands roamed across my back.
As we moved away from one another we were both smiling.

‘Wow.’ Andy laughed broadly, I was dumbstruck.
‘I-I’d better get home.’ I stuttered
‘Sure, just give me a call when you can, I’d love to hear from you.’ Andy smiled
‘Bye Andy, and thanks… for everything.’ I said, embarrassed
‘Bye April, and thank you.’ He smiled
I waved and ran through the door to face my angry father.


____________________________________________________________________________
authors note- sorry it's not edited, I'm just trying to get somewhere with my story. Tell me what you think, and please remember it's supposed to be light hearted reading for teenagers!*BigSmile*
© Copyright 2011 xxhalloweenxcandyxx (xhalloweenx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1789248-Fallen-Angel-Partial-draft