*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790292-Why-I-Want-to-Write
by Dodie
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1790292
Reasons why I feel I need and want to write
I cannot remember a time when my head has not been filled with stories. I live with a library of books; they are always there waiting to be released. But life gets in the way.  Marriage, children, divorce, career and before you know it, time has slipped away.

There is a proverb that reads, Words are like eggs; when they are hatched they have wings. It is my time to hatch the eggs!

It will be fun to see Willy the lonely little tractor come to life or to share the incredible love story of Darby, my beautiful Irish wolfhound and Sheriff her magnificent Great Dane. I will bring to life the adventures of Timmy-moon, my best friend my soul mate.  A man who radiated joy and happiness knowing his time on earth was short. A man who understood what it meant to live like you are dying.

And then there is my own story to tell.  For ten years now I have been tested. Five times death has knocked at my door and five times I chose not to answer it. Did I survive because of my own strength and courage?  I don’t think so. I believe someone or something much wiser knows my job is not yet done.

Recently, my son asked what I needed to give my life meaning.  He told me to think deeply and choose wisely. I did not take his words lightly! He knew I needed to find my purpose!

It was then I had my ‘Aha Moment”, as Oprah would say.  I am here today because I do have the ability to write and by using that ability I can provide hope, courage and strength to others suffering through adversity.

I understand now how fortunate I am. I have been given two of the greatest gifts – the natural love of creating and the knowledge that this was the purpose for which my life was intended!
© Copyright 2011 Dodie (donnadale at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790292-Why-I-Want-to-Write