*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790412-Twins-With-Half-Hearts
by Lissy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1790412
Daku Mirru loves his twin sister, even till his last breath. And no one can change that.
Laying on the floor asking god why is something I do alot. Cuts and sores cover my frame as I cry myself to sleep. The only reason I put up with this is to make sure I keep her safe. My twin sister, Hikari Mirru. She's my best friend and the one person I care about. I know I sound selfish, but living with people who beat and starve you can really mess you up inside.



Hikari, on the other hand, she's stronger than I am. I know she can pull through this. I, however, will soon either be killed by my own father or commit suicide.



I slowly walk towards HER room and try my best not to make any loud noise to wake anyone. When I get to her room I walk in and close the door. I turn and face my sister and see her sleeping with out any fear or panic of being beatened awake by anyone. I know I should be upset that they beat me and not her, but I could never get myself to hate her. She's the only one that would beg them to stop if I start bleeding. It doesn't sound like much, but it means the world to me.



"Daku, is that you?" I look up and see Hikari rubbing her eyes. I smiled at the sight and was suddenly thankful I wasn't blind.



I walk over to her and sit on the bed beside her. "Yeah, it's me." I say as I move a strand of her white locks out of her face and rub her forehead.



"Daku! If they find out your up they'll beat you." She hissed at me. I ignored her comment and still gave her a warming smile.



"Hikari, I want you to know I will never stop caring for you, got that?" I stated, looking at her with hope filled eyes. Hikari's anger fell as she stared at me in shock. Her eyes surprisingly became glassie with tears and sadness.



"Why?" I looked at her as she started to shake.



"W-what?" I asked her. She looked back up at me with pity clouded eyes.



"Why don't you hate me?" Taken back by her question I stood and gazed down at my twin. My other half. I chuckled and shook my head. Turning and made my way to the door I grinned with sadness. Right before I walked out I turned and gave Hikari a loving smile.



"I could never bring myself to hate you. Your my twin after all." I whispered knowing she heard everything. I then left out of the room and made my way towards my room. A small closet that could barely fit me in it.



"At least, she won't have to deal with me anymore." I thought bitterly to myself. Why Hikari thought of me as her brother was still something I failed to figure out. I guess she was trying to be nice and caring.



I dully pick up the knife I hidden from them and drag it across my wrists. It hurt, but I knew I was doing the world a favor by doing this. The world didn't need another broken soul of it's surface. It needed people like Hikari. People with spirit and a full soul. People who havn't given up on life. Someone who weren't like me.



"I guess this is goodbye." Once I spoke those words my legs gave way and I fell to the dirty floor bleeding all over the place. My eyes started burn as my life was drained out of my whole being. I slowly closed my eyes. If I was gonna die then I was gonna die with my eyes closed from this sinful world. I smirked as tears fell from my closed eyes.



' Goodbye Hikari Mirru.' Was my last thought as my soul was pulled from my lifeless body and everything was clouded with darkness.





Author's note:



I hope you like my story.



Twins:



Hikari Mirru:



Name meaning: Light in japanesse[sp?]

Age:12

Gender:Female

Eye color: Black

Hair color: White



Daku Mirru:



Name meaning: Dark

Age:12

Gender:Male

Eye color: White

Hair color: Black
© Copyright 2011 Lissy (helplessdemon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790412-Twins-With-Half-Hearts