*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790421-City-of-Joy
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1790421
Its a note of a boy coming from a small village to a great city and a new busy world...
Its 6:30 am in the morning, the superfast train arrives its destination station, carrying roughly 350 passengers, and their various dreams, their huge anticipation and a sense of belief from this great city called Kolkata and obviously their baggage’s too.

Rohan comes down from his compartment with his half slept body permitting only half his eyes to get open. The impulsive scamper in the platform makes him uncomfortable, he have never seen so many people collectively rushing for their job like this before , after all in his native place a gathering of 50 people is considered a multitude.

He feels lost in the crowd, nobody here knows him, nor does he knows anybody, everyone here is busy with themselves, nobody has time to stop or to take rest. This is so mechanical. An abrupt rush of apprehension crosses his mind, it gives him a shiver, and what will he do in such a big city? How will he survive this robotic human race? For all his life he have learned that life is to let it flow like a stream with a sense of calmness and lead it in a simple manner, but he reckons people in the big cities don’t know such a trivial fact of life.

The first thing that comes to his mind is why they call it a city of joy when the people living here have lost the sense of joy in their daily dash for survival…….
© Copyright 2011 the illusionist (sammy13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790421-City-of-Joy