*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790423-Illusions
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #1790423
Life is just a dream
The building block of everything that exists is the atom. The tiniest particle gives rise to infinity. Physicists have proved that the atom consists mostly of emptiness; this discovery in turn gives birth to a question. How can emptiness create matter? The answer is yet to be discovered, it is hard to believe but then the fact that we exist is proof. We are a collection of billions upon billions of atoms which are in harmony with each other. In other words we are made up of nothing.

Everything we see around us is an illusion which is projected from the mind. There is a general belief that we create the world around us, which is true to a certain extent but our minds are too feeble to handle the projection of the universe, we can barely control our own lives leave alone all of infinity. The mind that creates this illusion is dreaming. And it is dreaming of life. We and all that we see are figments of this great dream.

It seems at first hard to grasp that we are not really here, and that reality is an illusion. It is hard to unlearn what has been ingrained into our minds. But the fact of the matter is that we are all energy, more specifically we are light vibrating at a certain frequency. Music is one such vibration, when an instrument is played music is created. You cannot see the music, you cannot physically feel it or witness it, you cannot hold it but you can hear it. You can be in it. Likewise life is an orchestra of vibrations emitting from the divine mind.

Because life is an illusion it seems futile to chase materials. It is said in the four noble truths of Buddhism that there is suffering in the world, which is caused by desire or attachment. There is a great craving in us to hold on things, we need things that give us security, it is hard to stand alone. In this world of impermanence we look upon materials to give a sense of solidity. The irony is that the only object that is actually permanent is the same object which we believe to be shapeless, the mind, your mind and mine. The mind and what we feel is that what is real, everything nothing but shadows.

Materialism is one such shadow which is believed to be real, contrary to the popular belief that materialism is bad, one must realize that it is neither good nor evil, but just an illusion which gives a being temporary satisfaction. One does need materials and it is not wrong, neither is it wrong to want money, money does buy happiness to a certain extent. The trick is to own but not to be owned, in the chase for materials one should take care not to forget what the soul is and what it feels. If you forget the ways of your heart then you would have spent your life chasing emptiness.

Don’t lose yourself in the illusion, nor be afraid of it, and do not shun it. The illusion is here because it serves a purpose. The illusion tests the mettle of your soul. Therefore have faith in yourself, embrace the illusion. The illusion has much to offer to those who are ready to listen and learn from it. Drench yourself in it, emerge from it a wiser person, seep in its wisdom for you will be seeping in the knowledge of the divine mind, live in it but never forget that it is but an illusion. Acknowledge that nothing is yours to own, believe that the purpose of your life is to learn and you will be set free.
© Copyright 2011 silvermoonrain (peaweatherwax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790423-Illusions