*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790696-Coming-Home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #1790696
A young woman returns to her family farm.
The bus hit a bump and jarred the young woman out of her drousy state.  Her head had rolled to the side and she now had a crick in her neck.  She rolled her shoulders and tried to loosen the stiffness as she glanced out the window. 

She recognized the scenery rolling by.  She was just outside Gungellan and that meant she was almost home.



Charlotte had dreamed of this day for so long and now that it was here she was just a bit nervous.  Would her aunts welcome her as a new resident and co-owner of the property?  Or would they treat her as an outsider?



The property, Drovers Run had been in Charlotte's family for many generations.  Her mother had died on the land as had her grandfather and countless forebears.  Charlotte had been born on the land.  She couldn't remember her Mum as she had died when Charlotte was just a baby, but her aunts had told her many stories about her over the years trying to keep Claire alive and part of her daughter's life.



A part of Charlotte resnted her aunts for sending her away to live with her dad and stepmum and stepsisters, not allowing her to grow up on her ancestral home.  But she was here to remedy that.  She was here to take up the reins and take what was rightfully hers.  She had graduated from university with a degree in business management and agricultural studies had beena huge part of that. 
© Copyright 2011 LindiSue (lindisue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790696-Coming-Home