*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791287-I-am-leaving-you-for-ME
by Darla
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1791287
A woman who was recently hurt, but has decided to love herself again.
I was reacquainted today with someone who said she was in love with you.
I used to love her too believe it or not.
Funny thing. She was in love with you, but now I am in love with her.
She told me that she’d finally given up on you.
We talked and got reacquainted and then I realized that I had fallen back in love with her.
She’s speculator. I see it now, so I don’t know why you couldn’t.
But guess what? Your loss is certainly my gain.
Her love is powerful -there for the taking
I would be foolish not to accept it. She deserves to be loved again.
She said she'd recently looked into the mirror and saw a reflection that she did not like.
What’s her name?
Her name is ME.
I don’t feel bad about breaking this news to you so here it goes:
I’m leaving you for ME.
I will promise to be good to ME.
ME deserves it. She’s been through a lot. She’s given her heart to an undeserving, selfish man.
I will love and craddle ME.
I will not give up on ME.
I will make ME number one.
I am going to love and nurture ME to make her strong again.

I told ME that I too was hurt by you too. We laughed and said, “that will never happen again.”
We promised to stick together forever.
We are very important to one another. I am afraid to lose ME, so I plan to stay the long haul and be good to ME.

ME shared a secret. She said that you'd hurt her years ago, but she gave you another chance twenty years later and that’s you did it again!
She said the hurt was worse this time around.
She cried and said she regretted taking that second chance, but she doesn’t regret the lessons learned.
"Finally," she said.
"Times up!!
If she hadn't left you, I would not have a second chance with her.
I can now love ME forever.
So listen clearly. I’m leaving you baby. ME is waiting.
© Copyright 2011 Darla (darlaglenn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791287-I-am-leaving-you-for-ME