*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791548-Wales
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Business · #1791548
Wales, a memento-style short story about a man's descent into madness.
WALES

5th June, 2011.
Dear Diary,
Today she totally looked at me. Well, I saw her and she was looking in my general direction. She was so beautiful, it made my things bleed. It was the most beautifulest day of my life. In fact it was so beautiful, I might kill myself tomorrow. Hehe, lol, no, really. I'll do it. I swear. I need her, I need to talk to her. I know she'll jump on me and start humping me just as soon as I come near her. I'll wear my aftershave, that should sweep her off her feet. Hehee I'm so cunning, I'm so cool. I love you Diary, good nighty.


2nd June, 2011
Dear Diary,
Today I went to the store to buy myself a new memory card. I lost my old one. It was so sad. I had all my old photos there. The one where Jones and I are high fiving in the air, the one in which Jimmy is standing by the car and the car is on fire and the people are sleeping queitly beside it and the car is upside down. And also the one Jimmy and Sally are kissing in the window. I remember that day, Sally was crying the whole time, saying she missed me. And that I hadn't done the things I had done. I don't know what she was talking about though. I totally don't think I did anything wrong. Silly little Sally, she always said being married to me were the best years of her life. I don't believe her though, I don't remember being ever married to her. Silly Sally was looking so silly waving the knife at Jimmy.


29th May, 2011
Dear Diary,
Some times I think you're the only one that gets me. I don't understand what is going on in the world. I'm so sad, and confused. I can't remember anything anymore. You are the only one that know what I'm talking about. I keep seeing symbols all around.  Apart from the last few days I can't really remember anything. It's all gone. The doctors said that I'm in the final stages of the...  Oh GOD! I can't remember what's wrong with me. It's 3:49 p.m. Last night was the worst. I saw myself running from a great, big black hole in the world. Everything was dark. And in front of me, a light where a demon seemed to be wating for me. The in the distance I heard a laughter, a very familiar laughter. I don't know who, but I've heard that laugh and I know it is evil.


23rd May, 2011
Dear Diary,
I'm getting used to this practice of keeping a log of my hallucinations, and nightmares. They're getting worse. I think to myself, what if someone reads this and thinks I'm crazy, and I say to myself-they're going to think "Well done Jimmy Wilson." But hey,  at least I didn't go without a fight. I do feel sad that Sally left me, but I'm probably not going to remember ever being married to her so that's good. "Always look on the bright side" eh? The nightmares keep getting worse. And some of them are just weird. The other night I had a dream about robot godzilla attacking the city. It was more strange than creepy, considering the more horrific nightmares I usually have, but at the time I remember I felt real fear. I'm going crazy, and all my brain can think about is Robot Godzilla. Although I must say it was pretty cool. Jimmy won't be able to destroy me completely and go free though. No, I still have friends at the company. In madness, I shall have my revenge. Let's just say Tommy and his other brothers might just have little accident. It's going to be beautiful. They will pay, they will all pay for what they did to me. I shall bathe in the blood of his family. I will destroy every thing he holds dear. He deserves it, he deserves everything that I did to him, and everything that is coming to him. Jimmy will pay, Jimmy will surely pay.


17th May 2011
This is my fifth or seventh entry. I can't remember, my memory is slowly leaving me. When I have completely lost it, this log will serve the investigation well. I've started getting these... hallucinations. I sometimes see things that aren't there. I am taking some medicine for it, but I'm afraid they're only going to get worse. I haven't told anyone though. Especially Sally. She's going through too much now that I'm going to enter late stages of the cancer. Tommy was finally named CEO of my company. Dr. Jones advices me to writing a proper diary, as if I'm writing a letter to a person. When he showed me an illustration I told him it wasn't going to happen. He wanted me to write it like a real girl's diary or something. "Dear Diary, Today I went crazy, Love Wales." is what he expects me to write. I hope to God that if anything, I at least have the sanity left to not do that. But it keeps getting worse. I still can't believe Tommy was finally made CEO. No one on the board is going to support him, well no one but his dear boorther Jimmy. Jimmy tried to kill me and take over the company. I can't say he has succeeded so far, but I had to leave the company last week so he won there. Still, my company's share prices have dropped like a rock after I left. And also, thanks to a few documents I "misplaced" the media has found out evidence of Jimmy and his brothers' handiwork and they're going to have some pretty nasty lawsuits coming to them from every direction. That was my last little vengeance. Though in the end, Jimmy will win. I will go mad and die. I already lost the company that I started. I think I'm also going to lose Sally. But Jimmy knew when he crossed me that I wouldn't go down without a fight. Bet he didn't expect getting rid of me was going cost him so much.


15th May, 2011
Dear Sally,
I'm writing this for you to find well after I've descended into complete madness. Dr.Jones said that I might start losing my memory soon. Before that happens, before I have lost my brain completely and am on death's door with the brain of a ten year old, I'm going to make sure Jimmy gets what is coming to him. Don't worry, and always remember that I love you. And that I will love you no matter what happens. And I know you'll love me too. Which makes this even more difficult. Please, consider this a last request and trust me. Jimmy has always wanted you, and after I'm gone he'll make a move at you. Just go with it, and wait for an opportuned moment. I need you to kill him. You won't go to jail for it. The judges will see it as self defence. Plant a gun in his hand. Officer Bailey will come to his house and find the two of you there. Make sure he's drunk. Then Bailey will give him the gun, and you stab him in front of him. You know you can trust Bailey, he's been my best friend since we were children. He'll make sure Jimmy can't hurt you and then you make sure he never hurts anyone ever again. I know this sounds morbid but if Jimmy lives he will continue to destroy everything we have worked for. When I'm gone, however, I want you to just remember that I love you so very much. And there is nothing I wouldn't do to make sure I don't lose myself, but I can't. Goodbye my love. Yours Forever, Wales.


7th May, 2011.
Excerpt from Log of Dr. Jones concerning his patient, Wales Robinson.
For now, Wales is stable. But the compound will continue to destroy his brain slowly. This compound is incredibly well crafted and it took a while to be detected. Patient's next of kin, his wife Sally Robinson says she will be at his side through the whole process. I should hope so, any psychological alleviation he recieves will be very beneficial and might prolong his life just a bit more. I personally feel destressed about the patient. To die like that is something I would not wish upon my worst enemies. He currently shows very good intelligence, and excellent social skill. At this time he is in perfect health apart from the complaints of headaches. MRI revealed no current damage, but his bloodwork shows that the compound will cause a tumor, an inevitable effect of this sinister compound. Psycological analysis shows patient as very social, and highly analytical but family history reveales megalomania. This might give us insight into the later stages of his mental breakdown. I will advise him to log his situation as it will help him keep stable, and the logs may be used for better psycological evaluation and research.


3rd May, 2011
Transcript of recording taken from office of Wales Robinson, CEO and James Wilson, Vice President Finance.
Robinson: You spent 400,000 dollars to kill me?
Wilson: No Wales, I spent four hundred thousand dollars to destroy you! The coffee you just took contains a specialized poison I had developed over the last six months. This stuff will kill you slowly, but while it does it will destroy your brain. You'll lose your memory, you'll hallucinate, you'll go completely crazy. You'll be in hell as you die but you'll be too crazy to realize it. In a month your reputation, your life's work, your relationships will be destroyed and you'll be the one to do it. For years I have watched you take everything that I wanted. For years I have lived in your shadow, but not anymore. You will pay for everything you took from me. You will pay dearly.
Robinson: You shouldn't have given me a month Jimmy, That's more than enough time for me. And before I forget, I'd better turn recording device off. I've already called the police and they should be here any time soon. Sorry Jim.
© Copyright 2011 Dhaval Anjaria (dhvl2712 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791548-Wales