*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793682-Eternia-Part1-Dasteria
by Tanip
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1793682
Opening page from part 1of 3 of the Eternia series Dasteria..
1.
As the leaves on the trees gently sway on the breeze and the shadows they cast, dance like swarms of dragon flies, you slowly move through the woods in search of your prey.

Your name is Xantor, you are the only son of King Darwent & Queen Ameliana of Esipiona, Kingdom of the Eastern Mountain Elves and you are hunting mountain boar. You continue through the trees as quietly as possible, taking care to stay down wind of the boar you have been tracking for some time now.

You come up to a large Oakenfall tree, the largest trees to be found on Anadaria and slowly edge around it. Sure enough ahead of you, are a family of mountain boar, rifling through the leaf litter, searching for scraps to eat.
You slowly draw an arrow from your quiver and aim toward the mother boar, you pull the arrow back, steady your aim and CRACK, someone or something has stood on a twig behind you, the boars scatter, squealing as they go, your arrow shoots off into the air, clattering through the branches.

You drop your bow as you spin around fumbling for you sword; these woods are dangerous, with Grizzlers and Felines, only to hear.

“Hello Brother!” It is Canastria, your younger sister. “Did I put your off your shot?”
“For the Love of Avelion Canastria,” you gripe. “Do you realise how long it takes to track these boars?”

“In your case Brother, too long,” she chuckles. “I on the other hand track boar much quicker” She says proudly and
stoops down into tracking mode.

Yap yap you think to yourself, annoyingly when it came to tracking animals, Canastria was a Master; it was her ability to move light footedly and her knowledge of the behaviour of the beasts that was second to none, with nothing to be said of her hearing or ability with a bow.

Already, Canastria is thirty yards ahead of you, when quite suddenly she stops and ducks down low. She turns to you waving her arm at you to get down. You do so and watch to see what she does next. Canastria tucks her head into her chest and closes her eyes; she is listening for something but what.

Turn to page 165.

© Copyright 2011 Tanip (tanipitus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793682-Eternia-Part1-Dasteria