*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795831-The-world-ends-with
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1795831
Mathew is a young boy, bent on committing suicide.How can one cat and a man save his life?
Plummet then Perish

Maybe he should have used a gun,

He pondered as he looked down the side of the Wellington square building. Grey and dull looking just like he approved himself to be. Ten floors of residential housing right across from Stanley Park, yes this seemed like a comfortable place to die. No doubt the residents of the building would be furious that a young man jumped off their roof but, he figured he would be dead by then, so it didn't matter too much to him.

The wind blew strongly at this height making him shiver, and wrap his lanky coat tighter against the pale expanse of his smooth skin. In the freezing temperature little skeleton like trees dotted down the street, making him hope he wouldn't crash into one, delaying his enviable death. Toronto was a quiet place at three in the morning, especially in this sleepy suburban area. Street lights were placed every few steps flickering silently in the frozen breeze.

He sighed and took a step closer towards the edge, his stomach in tense knots.

Maybe- No, he growled. He was going to do it, he was going to jump and finish his terrible life off.

Then h-he w-w-would, tears streamed down his distressed face. Was he so weak, that he couldn't even take his own life? Why did his thoughts of suicide hurt so much?

"Useless!" He sobbed "You're so useless!"

You couldn't be a good son, you refused to get good grades in school, and you can't stand up for yourself! I' am sure nobody loves you one bit! You'll be alone forever! A loser! You're nothing! I hate you!

He went silent, tired of the long mentally straining assault on himself.

He felt so empty, so lost, so very alone. There was a hole in his heart, and he was sure it was hollow. He lay down upon the icy roof shivering.

Maybe he should freeze to death?

No... It'd take too long... I'll just go with the first plan. He was so tired; crying always took so much out of him, maybe a little too much.

He got up, stepping towards the edge, feeling a numb ache.

Yes numb, just let the world go numb, he told himself.

Once he wondered if there was a demon inside him, but now he refused to think such things.

He was the demon, and nothing could change that.

Enough, of this pity party he half smiled, teetering close to the edge, just do what you planned before, plummet then perish.

Falling felt like the best way to go out for him. He liked the feeling that it would never end, But then, splat and it was all over.

He giggled, hysteria making a last remark before he tipped slowly over the edge, head first, smiling at the remints of his world.

No, going out with a smile was the best way to go, he corrected, just like his brother had.

The floors went by rapidly; he could almost count them as they went by, wind howled violently in his ear but He refused to scream when he approached his final destination.

Crap!

His eyes bulged, a freaking cat!

He pushed his leg against the building as hard as he could, hearing something snap, making bile claw up his throat quickly afterwards.

Smash! Right Into a tree.

Stillness announced his arrival and he groaned, feeling like a train wreck. He moved his arm instantly regretting it.

Ugh!

The weight shifted him, and he fell from the last few strong branches onto the ground.

Wind whipped against his battered figure chasing little white flakes around his body, while he stared at the crimson puddle around him. He must have looked like a stain on a perfect ivory sheet.

Dear god it hurt more than anything he could ever imagine. The thick coated cat purred and rubbed against his face.

"Ow" He croaked. "Stupid cat"

He didn't think he could have taken another life with him into the beyond, if he wanted to. The rims of his vision began to fade. He felt sick and tired, but most of all in agonizing pain. He just wanted to die all ready.

"What a mess" Someone stated with distaste.

He would have laughed if he could see, or even whisper a chuckle but death had another plan for him. It amused him to no end, that this would be the way people remembered him.

A disgusting mess on the pavement. Only a bitter dilemma that needed to be cleaned up.

What the funny thing was he agreed entirely with them. He was just another messed up kid, in this messed up world, and that was his last thought before he could think no longer. Silence was his only companion now, silence and his grave.
© Copyright 2011 Roboninks (roboninks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795831-The-world-ends-with