*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795880-Would-You
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1795880
This a short essay I wrote in English. I had to write this after I read The Hiding Place.
                                                                        Would You?
Would you stand firm in Christ while having your family imprisoned and being thrown in prison your self? Would you trust God  when everything is taken away and you are left with no one but Christ? Would you still trust in Jesus after living in a concentration camp; being treated like an animal, and having your beloved father and sister die there? Corrie Ten Boom did! What about you? Could you? Would you still love Christ and trust Him? Some people think ' That will never happen to me'. But think deeper for a minute, what if that did happen and you were imprisoned and possibly tortured for just believing in Jesus. Do you love God enough to do that? Now is the time, today is the day. We need to dive into God's Word and hide it in hearts while we can. James 4:8 says, ''Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.''
  Even as I write this, our brothers and sisters all over the world, are suffering persecution for their faith in Jesus Christ.
  Please listen! Don't put it off. This is the hour. Christ wants to be living in your heart and a part of your life. But you have to open the door and let Him in.
  Persecution may come to you. It may not be in the same way that Corrie's was but no matter what the circumstances are, Christ will carry you through it. Jesus said in John 16:33b '' In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.'' May the Lord be with you wherever you go and what  ever lies on the path ahead. Keep you eyes on the cross and never take your eyes off Jesus, the Lover of your soul.


      By: Annalyse
                3-02-10   
   
© Copyright 2011 Annalyse (annalyse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795880-Would-You