*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795904-Insomnia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #1795904
Gearania is an eternity, and she watches over her human amelia.
         It started out a simple night of insomnia. But really, I think it was more than that. I had all these ideas running through my head and there were so many thoughts about things I’ve done. I thought a lot about Caenon. About our relationship and where it was truly going.  I thought about my life, and where I was at and where it was going. I don’t know why it all came down on me that night but it did. I have no better explanation than, the mood was already heavy that night and my mind just had its way with me. Soon enough it was morning, and I had to face another day.
         So I got up out of bed, started my coffee. Jumped in the shower, got dressed for work, and went through the everyday motions of my life. Caenon called when I got home, he wanted to come over but I told him I wanted to be alone for the night. My excuse was that, I just wasn’t feeling well and didn’t want to pass it along. Caenon wasn’t happy about it, I’d been blowing him off for a week now with the same lame excuse. I felt bad but I just didn’t want to be around anyone. If I didn’t have to I wouldn’t go in to work every day. But that’s not something I had a say in. But after hours, I did have a say in who I saw and I was choosing not to see anyone. All the shit I had on my head; well no one needed to be around me then. My life was hell, I was having an inner battle of what was real and what was just in my head. I had just recently gone through an extremely traumatizing incident where I saw some things that just weren’t normal.  Supernatural in nature and well everyone knows that kind of shit isn’t real.  Thing of the matter is, is that it was real. I saw it with my own eyes, and that wasn’t the last time either. I’d seen the same kind of things since.  Things that look human but they can’t die and they drink……..well….they drink blood. They had tried to drink mine, but luckily they were ambushed and my ass was saved just in time.  A shrink told me that It was all just a play on my mind. That I was just under a lot of stress and I saw what I had wanted to see. I personally know what I had seen and it wasn’t a mind trick. But its not like I could tell anyone what I saw, they would think I was crazy. That I’d lost it and was completely off my rocker. So you can imagine the kind of silent torture it was dealing with that on my own.  But then I figured it out, and I found a solution to get rid of my turmoil for good. I joined them.
         I put two and two together and realized that what I witnessed was a race of super humans called eternities and since I kept running into them, I decided to talk to one of them.  So on the last night of my human life, I gathered up all the courage I had, asked one of them to join me for a drink. Exposed the fact that I knew what they were, asked how to become a part of it and then willingly went with them and gave myself over to be another child of eternity. And well it was the best decision I ever did make as a human.  Now its been a year since then, Caenon and I are better than ever. He just recently made the cross over himself. He’s a natural too. Fit right in from day one. When I became an eternity, I changed my name from Mourine to Gearania. Caenon changed his name to Savien. In our coven, changing your name is a must. Times are too modern not to. People would get really suspicious if all of us ran around using the names we were born as, even after being presumed dead. It’s a bit confusing at first, getting used to the different name, and the new lifestyle, but once your in the swing of things its better than anything you’d ever imagine.  You can’t die, you live forever, you can come and go as you please any where you please. You don’t feel the temperature of the environment your in so you can survive anywhere in the world. There’s never a moment where you don’t have something to eat. People are everywhere. Especially now, we eternities have adopted a more humane way to feed. We only take a little bit from each human, that way there are no murders, and we still get what we need to survive. Our donors are willing and any blood exchange is consensual. Never forced.  Feeding that way makes it easier for us to stay off the radar. This makes our lives less eventful. Sometimes we still get crazy vampire bounty hunters, some people who believe that shit mistake us for them, but we eternities are no t children of the night, and are in fact on the verge of not needing blood to survive even, really those loons  that barge in wielding stakes, holy water and crosses insult us. So we extinguish them quietly and then dispose of them in the darkest hour of the night. Normally by fire and then we spread the ashes throughout the rivers around our area. The country side of St. Louis, Missouri is great for things like that. There are plenty of options.    We don’t die, yes if we lose our heads, we will but good luck getting that close with a weapon. Eternities are simply a mutated version of humans. We have a genetic mutation that alters our entire body. It’s been going on for years; eternities are just considered such huge freak shows that, it’s in the best interest of the whole community to keep quiet about ourselves. But realistically there are tons of us around the world, oh yeah and another thing, not every eternity is unbelievably breathtaking, ha, we come in all shapes and sizes. 
         Still at any rate that’s enough talk about us for now. Eternities are not just a fluke on this earth, we are actually here for a reason, we protect the human race. You see for every human there is an eternity assigned to watch over them and protect them from harm. Our humans are assigned from birth, my human, Amelia was born in 1992, she is my first human,  and is now 19. What a crazy age, no responsibility, free love, booze and drugs , sleeping till noon…man she keeps herself so busy it’s a wonder I haven’t aged yet. Heh..ageing, that’s another thing that we don’t do often. We age but only so many thousand years.  Any ways, Amelia is an amazing girl. She surrounds herself with a small group of friends, and most of them are men. She cant stand most girls but tolerates them when she has to. She’s creative, outgoing, outspoken, random, curious, playful, childlike, but grown up beyond her age at the same time. I guess you could say its more of a childs youthfulness that she has somehow managed to retain so far. I get lost in her thoughts sometimes because they are so complex and she has so many of them. I spend all day following her, hearing her thoughts and sometimes I have no idea how she can hold a conversation with anyone because just listening to them all makes me confused sometimes, and by the time I get home to Savien at night im so utterly exhausted all I can do is go to sleep. It’s okay thought because Savien and I love each other and he understands for he too has the same issue sometimes, and so on the nights that I can’t tell him how my day was, he just reads my thoughts and talks with me about it in the morning when we’re both getting ready to head out for the day.  I love my job but I can’t wait for the vacation Savien and I have planned. Its coming up here soon actually. Hello Caribbean’s.
© Copyright 2011 M.W. Cradduck (mamafydo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795904-Insomnia