*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796504-The-Last-Something-That-Meant-Anything
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1796504
A short thing inspired by "The Last Something That Meant Anything" by Mayday Parade .
I could feel the butterflies making there way back to my stomach. The feeling had become almost foreign from being unable to see her for the summer. As the clock on my wall ticked seconds into the past I tried to imagine what would happen when she got to my house. The thought of her piercing eyes looking into mine as her fingers trickled down my arm reminded of the days we would spend every minute together. Those were the days we could sit and talk for hours without having any care in the world. Just her being in my arms fixed everything, and her cherry kisses were all I could taste. Those were the nights she'd lay next to me, the word forever on the tip of her tongue as our chests rose and fell together. She was my hope on everyday that was hard for me, every single piece of me loved her. That's why i didn't expect what happened when she walked through my door.
Her auburn hair was everywhere from having her car windows down, black tears rain down her cheaks, and her eyeliner was running in streaks. A handful of tissues fluttered to the floor as she slammed the door behind her. Jumping up from my couch I had to ask her what was wrong, and her response broke my heart. Then again it wasn't even my heart anymore, I gave it to her.
"I cheated on you." She whispered, her eyes clenched shut.
My heart stopped, "What?" I replied taking a step forward.
"I cheated on you. With Brad." This time with a raised voice and staring me dead in the eyes.
Now I couldn't breathe. "Then were over.. aren't we?"
This is where she didn't speak, all she did was nod her head.
"I'll be okay." Was all i could say. Honestly i couldn't even say it, it was like a silent whisper. A whisper that acted like a good bye, because after it came out the door slammed again. This time with her on the outside. I couldn't believe it, she left me alone to my thoughts. More like a thought really. The thought wasn't even about her and Brad, it wasn't about when it happened, and it wasn't about how everytime she said 'I'll love you forever' it was a lie. It was about how i managed to whisper i'd be okay, who am i kidding? I'm not okay.
© Copyright 2011 Korah Jane (xdsmileyface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796504-The-Last-Something-That-Meant-Anything