*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796623-The-Red-Flower
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1796623
Romance ... its joy and suffering
It has been a month since I worked for this company , I was happy for many reasons because I love my job , I am good at it , and the people who I work with are so nice and to me that was great because I worked with terrible kinds of people in other companies.







In the company I felt relaxed , I felt like home . nothing is better than loving your job and being with such nice co workers. That’s why I used to wake up everyday in the morning with a smile on my face knowing that I am heading  to work which is another home , and I am going to work with nice people who are another family at the same time.







Besides this great atmosphere , there was another engine that pushed me to love this company more and more, it was her, one of  my coworkers , it toke me a month to fall in love with her. She is a young lady with a smile that could make you smile too for no reason.







The moment I saw her, I knew that I wanted her to be my future wife. And when I talked to her, I discovered the meaning of beautiful moments, yes, just having a conversation with her is a beautiful moment which you want to make it last forever.







The company became the place of work and love, and we need both to overcome life obstacles. In Egypt, you would be very lucky if you found both, jobs are so rare, emotions are rare too.







I had to know if she was single or not, so I asked one of her close friends and the answer made me so happy, she was single.







Now the door is opened, all I have to do is to walk in . But I asked myself a question and I answered it at the same time without thinking



-do you think that she loves you too?



-sure, why should not she?







I went home that day with a smile on my face that my dream would come true, people in the streets thought that I was crazy , but I was not , I was just in love , deeply in love.







And when I went to bed, I dreamed about her and me, we were married with many children and our home was filled with love and pure emotions.







The next morning was not like every morning, that morning I decided to tell her how I feel and my future plans for her and me. It was pure love indeed which happened in a short time but was strong enough to live forever. In the bus, I made a confession ( even if she was not that pretty , I would love her. Even if was sick, I would love her. Even if she had no feelings for me , I would love her) it was pure love indeed.







I walked in the flower shop to buy a red flower for her, in my opinion it was the most romantic gift for any woman.







Then , I hided the flower in my pocked and walked fast to the company . I was full of hope that this day would be historical for me, the day of her saying YES.







I was in the company first, and no one was there but me. I entered my office and sat behind my desk waiting for her to come and say hi like every morning.







After a while , she came with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I asked her to have a seat and then I spoke







Me- I have something to say to you.



Her- what is it?



Me-I want to say that I really enjoy talking to you; you are so funny you make laugh. You have something beautiful deep inside your soul that makes me wanna talk for hours with you. You know how much I love soft music , but it is nothing compared to listening to you.







She was blushed , my words really touched her feelings as a female . I was confident because of this success, so I went on telling her how I feel.







Me-( giving her the red flower) this is for you.



Her- (with a big smile on her face) ohhhhh thank you.



Me- it is not as pretty as your smile , but I am doing my best.







Her blushing increased  but I decided to cut the romance to speak about the serious issue.







Me- I want to marry you, I think we are going to be a great couple.







Her bright smile shined for 10 seconds and she said;







Her- you surprised me.



Me- a good surprise or a bad one?



A moment of silence passed , I was waiting for her answer and I guess she was looking for an answer.



Her- actually… I am with someone else.







It was like taking a sudden calm bullet. I did not expect that answer, I was so certain of her approval but I guess I was wrong.







There was nothing left to say, but she kept the red flower and it was a sweet gesture of her. I think she kept it because she did not want to hurt me more , or  , who knows.







On my way home, I entered the mosque to pray. When I finished praying, I felt like crying without a sound , but I did not though the tears were in my eyes.







I went to bed at night feeling so different about everything, the dream became a nightmare, the company became a grave and the love became a daily suffering.







The love story was ended in public , but deep inside of me there was a different prospective .deep inside , love was still there growing during every moment , her presence was enough to stop this love from dying , her smile was the flame that brings light to save this love from darkness. The jealousy that I saw in her eyes when some woman talks with me, gave me hope that may be some day she could be mine. It was pure love indeed.
© Copyright 2011 hossam eldin (hossamwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796623-The-Red-Flower