*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797168-The-Lady-With-Whom-You-Danced
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1797168
This is a story that I wrote, inspired by a picture. Please Enjoy! (It's more poem like!!)
The Lady With Whom You Danced!

When you look at her you could tell all things about her are lovely. When you gaze at her, you felt as if you were spellbound by her eyes. No one else could produce this feeling; she was the one, and you could tell by her smile. So you decide to ask her for a dance; to go up and introduce yourself- you are going to live life and take that chance and ask the lady for the first dance. The mood was right, and everyone seemed to be slowly vanishing from around you, so you take her by hand, bowing deeply below the waist and asks her for that dance….

One dance turns into two, and two into the rest of the night. You wake up thinking about this woman; you find that in a short time she has become your life.  So to the lady whom you first danced with, you proposed and asked her for her hand, but still, her smile couldn’t compare to the time when you first asked her to dance. 

Some years later she blessed you with a beautiful baby who became your new pride and joy; because that beautiful baby, looked like the woman with whom you first danced. Now as the years tick away, with all the troubling times that came, even when you felt like getting up and walking away, you stepped to her and looked for the woman with whom you first dance with and kissed her smiling face.

Many complimented her on how the years have been good to her, but still, she has  lost her lure of yesterdays, and slowly you began to realize this is not the woman with whom you first seen. The baby has grown and moved away and your fairest seemed to have seen better days, but you still seem to smile at her and hope to catch a glance of the lady with whom you first danced the night away.

And now that you’re all old and grey, and she has just pasted away you reflect upon her and her once beautiful face and remember the women with whom you danced to the shadow of the woman with whom she became.
© Copyright 2011 Joviella Renee (joviella at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797168-The-Lady-With-Whom-You-Danced