*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797817-SIMPLE-PRAYERS
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest Entry · #1797817
Simple prayers to God
Lord, I am not too smart. I don't know too much, but I know I need you. I don't know how it works, but I know you can hear me and you are my only means to salvation and a happy life.

Lord, I will trust you. I will trust that your love can help me. I will choose you over the things that this world has to offer me. I'm not completly sure what this means. But if I ever know that I have the choice, I will choose you.

Lord, help me die in Christ so that my sins will be forgiven.

Lord, help me live in Christ, so that I can live in peace and in eternity with You.

Lord, teach me what I need to know. Teach me what I need to do. Teach me what I need to avoid. And give me the strength to do what you teach me. Above all, teach me how to love.

Lord, thank you for everything. Thank you for the things that are unpleasant. Thank you for the blessings. Thank you for the hard times. Thank you for the good times. Above all, thank you for listening.

Lord, help me be patient, for I am waiting to see you. I Love You.



3rd place winner in the Light of His Glory Contest


© Copyright 2011 Itchy Water~fictionandverse (deannarich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797817-SIMPLE-PRAYERS