*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798870-New-pet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1798870
Some things may not be that harmless
I was kicked out of home yesterday. Well, thrown out is better. Anyways, whatever the thing, I did get it. It was actually my fault. But not completely my fault. It was all just so unexpected.

We had been sitting on the bed, watching some stupid movie. I had been half asleep. But then suddenly something had caught my attention. It was coming out of the room next to the kitchen. I climbed off the bed and went over to pick it up. It was so snuggly. It was so innocent. The tiny animal I was holding was looking at me with a puupy dog face, not that it was a pup. I was petting it when he came and peered around me to see what I was doing.

"Can I pet it?" I asked him. But he was just staring at it, like trying to solve a maths problem, his eyes unfocused.

"Sam?" I looked at him.
"No," he said. "Can you give it to me?"

I looked into his eyes. I know so very well the mad look they have when something's up in his mind-something dangerous.

"No, Sam. I am not going to let you throw it away or anything. I found it. It's mine."
"You found it in my house," he answered coolly.

"No, I won't let you harm it," I pulled it away from him.
"It's dangerous," Sam said from. "Give it to me. I don't know where it came from. It was not in the house before today. Please. I know it's harmful."

"No," I tried to act stubborn. It was so sudden. He flashed to his broom cupboard and took out his katana, the broad bladed enormous sword.

"Get out," he said, "And leave it on the floor."

I looked at the poor creature. It was showing its tiny pointed teeth, but something was vibrating inside it. I just couldn't let go of it.

Sam grabbed me by my arm, the katana in his other hand. The creature jumped on to the bed. He pushed me out the main door and locked it from the inside. I turned and started banging on it.

"No, Sam. Don't kill it. Please. We'll give it to the animal control. Please!"

The next thing I heard was a roar and a sick metallic swish. I reflexively put my hands on my ears.

"I hate you. I hate you," I cried. "Open the door, Sam. Open it."

The lock unclicked and I stormed inside-and froze in my tracks. The tiny creature was gone, and what replaced it was unbelievable. A huge animal was lying beheaded at the foot of the bed, with pinkish goo coming out of its throat. The slimy fangs that were hanging out of its wasted mouth were reaching below its chin. And the stench. I gagged. Sam looked at me, alarmed, and pushed me into my world. I got up from where I was sitting, and rushed to the bathroom, shut the door, and was violently sick.

He was at my side the next second, pulling my hair back from my face.

"Go away," I coughed, and threw up once more, shaking badly. He just ignored me and rubbed my back. Eventually, I pushed him away and brushed my teeth. When I got out, Mom asked what happened. I told her it was just something I ate, may be.

I went and sat on my bad again, and closed my eyes, my head between my knees. I was there again. He was wiping the slime off his sword with a rag. It was also on his clothes and face.

"Find the license. It must be in the drawers," he said without looking at me. I nodded and got to work immediately, trying to tear my eyes off his menacing face. I searched every drawer, but just couldn't concentrate. He came to help. I was about to tell him to change his clothes and wash his face but when I looked at him, his face and hands were clean now and he had not bothered to change, but take off his shirt, changing only his jeans.

"Let me see," he gently took my hand out of the drawer and after some seconds, brought out a shiny glass. The license of the katana, I presumed.

"I need to call animal control," he took out his phone. They have more technology there than our world. He continued to jabber in Russian while I looked at him pacing the room. He motioned me to go into the basement, because I was not being comfortable with the dead creature kicked around by Sam. I got up and went to sit on a sofa in the basement.

He came after a while, and put his arm around me.

"I am sorry," I said.
"Don't be sorry. I never could've known where it had come from. You saved the lives of many people. They're coming to clean the mess. I just told them to keep control on such animals. It could've eaten you if you had kept it. Remember the stories we were told when we were kids?"

"The ones in which bad animals ate their masters?" I said. He nodded.

"They were not just fairy tales. They were real stories."

We both sat in peace together
© Copyright 2011 Fallen Angel (angel_fallen69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798870-New-pet