*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799680-Me-isnt-Everything
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1799680
The extremity in her life.
The corridors gives off a stressful feeling as my legs and Madj's strut down the hall. Some freshman nerds, a lot of idiots, and a few jocks & cheerleaders made noise that could last a lifetime. Wandering eyes keep on following Madj. She is Madeleine Jacques, whose attitude is like a queen bee, which makes me just a humble "friend". Two figures, one slender and another a bit curvy, walk the opposite of us. They are Gretch, Gretchen Sanders & Catherine Pietre, Cathie for short. They are my "friends". Their perfectly puckered lips let out words but my mind isn't able to register anything they said. Madj pauses and looks back at me.

"Rosie, sweety, is everything peachy?" she cooes sincerity reflective in her eyes

I nod to let her know my answer & left the other two to give me their primmed glares. Madj talks and walks, not only talking to those two but also keeping me in reality. My ears end up finally realizing what they are talking about.

"I heard that Eric Donaue's son enrolled here! As in here at Crystal Haven High School." Gretch squeals delightedly

In my head i know i've heard that name before and my line of thought try to search for it. Ahh, Now i remember. Eric Donaue is a multi-talented artist in the FAME industry. He is both an actor and a model with looks and poise that could sweep you off your feet. His talents for singing are also internationally known. But sadly he's currently widowed.

"I've been pressing Vice Principle Kenny to tell me more about Eric Donaue's son but he just won't budge." Cathie adds flipping her flaring-colored bangs away from her face

We are near my french class and Madj seems to notice. Her hand contains beautifully painted nails which pulls me towards the classroom and the person owning it dragged me to a chair.

"What's wrong? Your looking very pale." The brunette inquires with her emerald eyes gleeming at me

I open my chapped lips but i come short of a reply. Luckily, the bell rings & Professor Dewey comes in.

He then introduces, "Class we have a new student." he orders the silhouette seen at the door's glassy area to come in.

The figure is tall and lean lightly-tanned skin, hair all shaggy which covers most of his face with the help of a pair of big bulgy glasses. Most of his features are unclear. My eyes are staring at his clothes which are a simple T, a cool pair of jeans with paint on almost every part of it and a red converse.

The lips he owns, thin and the shade of burnt roses opens and mutters, "Hi. I'm Micheal Davids."

The Professor motions him to sit down at one of the chairs, but more specifically it is in my direction.

"He is SO NOT Eric D's son." A sneer escaped the lips of the Queen Bee sitting beside me while the silent soul sits on the chair behind me.

At lunch, we walk towards the Cafeteria Hall. For the first time i realize that the school is huge. I try to look for the new guy that was at my french class to at least help him a bit. From experience, i know how it feels to be the new student. It's quite terrifying. My thoughts then replay how my first day went  when i was a transfer student from Lota High School. That day i felt so alone and scared, i knew no one. The only redeeming factor i had, as Madj states, was how i looked. She said that my caramel skin blended well with my auburn hair which turns gold-like in the sun & gave that mysterious feel to my ruby-like eyes. I first met her during Professor Denei's class, she just spoke up to me and offered the chair beside her. At first glance, she looked like royalty that time. Her dark goldenrod hair was shining in the spring light along with her naturally milky skin. Her eyes were like drops of gold & until now i still wonder if her eyes are just contacts or naturally inborn with her. I let a sigh escape my lips as i snap out of that flashback. My observation skills aren't enough to find him. At my disappointment, my legs lead me to the balcony-like part of the cafeteria were only my "friends", their friends and me could seem to reside.

"I've asked everywhere for info but no one seems to want to give it to me. And you guys know how persistent i am." Cathie grumbled as she takes a bite from her greek-themed salad.

"Damn Privacy! If he was going to enroll into our school he should have exposed himself to us. He's a son of an international star for Pete's sake." Gretch reasons as she texts some people.

I feel a pair of eyes glued on me so i look at the direction.

"What is it Madj?" A sheepish question i inquire to the brunette

"What's that?" Madj asks pointing at the piece of paper i am so focused on

"Our Calculus paper for next friday." i reply a bit sheepish.

I glance on the wall clock, my "friends" still talking about Eric D's son then Micheal Davids came in the cafeteria. His long slender legs bring him to a table where he is warmly accepted. My heart feels like a light of heaven shines on it. After a few minutes, the bell rings and the whole student body go to their next class. The old oak doors that are made for the Chem Lab doors greet me and almost all the seats are taken as i look around, except for the one near the window where a familiar new person is standing while joking with the one behind him. My walk is a bit wobbly for the butterflies in my stomach seems embarrassed but i puff it down as i sit beside him.

"Ok class without any further wasting of my time, lets get started with what we discussed yesterday. Go.." Professor Jasonses greets

"Here are my notes." I beam masking my embarrassment.

His lightly-tanned fingers holds the notebook and quickly browses it.

"I know its tough but you can hold on." are the words that escape my lips and ends with a bright smile

His features may have been covered by most of his bangs and glasses but i see a look of fascinated bewilderment as if i said something that meant so much to him but unknown to me. My heart beats faster as i gaze at the expression he gives me,  so my mouth race on their own to explain the experiment. As i show him how to set up the diagram, he made notes for himself in a spiral notebook with the long and lean fingers he is born with. After which we start the experiment.

"Can you please measure the iodine solution and prepare the test tube." I bark grabbing the rubber tubing.

Micheal quickly follows what i said and we did our experiment papers. It takes half a minute for the data gathering and another for finishing our papers.

"We finished early." i breathe holding up a high-five which is not replied back as the professor comes to our table.

Professor Jasonses check our set-up and mark down the plusses and minuses in our experiment. His old eyes criticizes the process and my intuition gives me a good feeling.

"Good job Ms. Rosie Smiths. I hope Mr Davids didn't pull you down." Prof. Jasonses eyes Micheal.

"No. I'm not the one who did everything. Actually, his mixture of the iodine solution is just right & he also told me about some of the effects of acid to it the mixture, i didn't notice." I instinctively say with a calm demeanor.

The teacher just nods and heads to a different table to grade the other students. I look at the guy beside me who actually went to sleep while Prof. Jasonses was speaking. My instict made my walk towards him and wake him up but pictures of my family troubles come up to light and i feel that he might be going through the same thing. When the bell rings with its authority, Micheal got a shock and gets up from the table.

"How about joining me and my friends for lunch?" The question i think to stop him from leaving.

"Ah-- sure. So lets go."  Micheal smiles as he leads me out the door.

Gretch and Cathie seem very excited when i brought him along. They kept throwing questions and stuff towards him. I see his bafflement towards the topic. But the topic is primarily about Eric D's son. While my mind is more on the quiz for tomorrow on evolution, a freshman boy comes with a pink slip.

"Thank you." I smile at him and he goes his way.

"Oh, got called again??" Madj asks with a smudge of annoyance in her tone

"Yup. I gotta finish my lunch and head there now." My lips give out as a piece of broccoli limp from my lips

"You got a--" Micheal pointing to the bottom of my lip but he takes the piece of vegetable from my skin.

I feel a spark-like sensation on the area where he touched and i am there speechless.

"Rosie, your pink slip." Madj points out slapping me to reality

I fix my stuff and hurry off to the Guidance Room. Based on my memory, It's the twentieth time this past two months. My body trembled as my hand reaches the door knob. The metallic creation gives me a responsive click and i walk down the smaller hall and to the room with the label, Ms. Jenny Shines. My knock seems to echo and the figure inside let me in.

"Good afternoon Rosie." Jenny says with a coffee-drowned smile

"Hi Jenny" I greet with a smile

"I know its tough on you but we still have to clear THAT." She says full or worry for me

I close my eyes and my body trembles as i go back to that day.

"It was afternoon that time. Me , Storm and Madj went up to the rooftop. We were having such a good time. I went down stairs to get more drinks then when i came back Madj was gone and Storm was at the edge of the railings. I shouted at him to say it was dangerous but he won't listen. He turned back to look at me and I saw him but he lost his balance and fell...." I reiterated to her my eyes are closed and tears fell from them.

After a few pieces of advise, my walk just made me go to somewhere, for some reason i didn't care. The memories from back then are coming back to me and fear is there. I ended up in the Infirmary, and i ask then nurse to let me rest for awhile. Nurse Hawthorne didn't ask any questions. My head aches so much i feel like crying. But the curtain separating my single bed from the others slides suddenly and Madj was there smiling at me.

"Come on. I'm gonna take you home." She beams with her newly painted nails glittering in the light.

I get up from the bed and she leads me down the hall to the school's entrance. Her lime green customized limo shimmered in the sun and i enter the car's door. My consciousness isn't able to keep me awake for long and i end up sleeping the way there. The moment i woke up, we are at Madj's villa. I am in her room and she is not. The times the three of us spent together was still in my head and it made my chest heavy. Madj is in the kitchen trying to make a meal but I know very well she didn't have any talent for it. Christopher, Her driver, waves at me to come in and i make myself feel at home.

"You don't have to do this you know." i remind her knowing she has her own all-around-chef.

"But i want you to feel better." She mimics on of her cartoon whimpers at me trying to make a laugh come out and she does succeed.

"I'm gonna go home. Mom my be there so... yeah" I tell her with a little glimmer of hope in my eyes

"Ok." The brunette friend i know doesn't fight back and asks Chris to take me home

At the car it seems like the way to her house was quicker than now. Time feels so slow during the trip. My attention is primarily on the things just outside the window.

"Thank you Miss Rosie."  Chris started with the wrinkles in his eyes showing making him look like a grandfather, which he is.

"For what, Chris?" I ask since i want something to distract me for awhile

"When Miss Madeleine is with you she smiles more. You are like her sunshine. Back then she was very different from now." The old man melancholics

"Its nothing." I smile

I could spot my house which was a few feet away now. The aqua and glass motif it had made it look very calming. The glass mosaic at the front shines as the light hits it with its warm touch. The gates were ivory-colored and metallic in some parts. The car pulled over at the front gate.

"AH! My bag i forgot all about it. Everything is in there." My mind finally realizes as i look at the key card lock.

"Here Miss Rosie. Miss Madeleine would never forget." He beamed as the feeling of relief comes to me.

"Thanks Chris. Say thanks to Madeleine for me too." were my final words before i came in the house.

The cement and concrete founded house feel platonic and cold. Mom isn't home yet like always. I feel a bit hungry as the moments when Madj would cook come to my mind. The fridge contains a new addition to its fine pieces of food, A Choco Lava. My stomach grumbles and i didn't argue. While heading for my room, i grab a fork. My room had a different scent. The window was open and the wind had a crisp and tender smell. The home phone positioned on my desk is on leaving a button blinking. My finger presses the button and the messages play.

"Rosie, where are you??"

"Hey Row, you haven't come back yet."

"Miss Smiths your mother won't be able to come home. There is still a shoot we haven't done yet. I'm very sorry. I know you wanted her to come home. She says she'll make it up to you."

"Hey sweety, I'm sorry i can't come home. One of my actresses had a fit and it took her hours before she would calm down. I'll make it up to you. I promise. Please lock up. Make sure to close all your windows. Turn off an appliances left turned on. Take care. Love you baby."

BEEP

My chest feels heavy. Very heavy. But i seem to be able to cope with it now not like back then. I slowly drift off to sleep.

BRING BRING

I wake up a bit and i reach for my phone because it took me a bit of a long time before i found it the call went to voicemail.

"Hey Rosie. I got a surprise for you-- go to the school's rooftop like the old days." Madj says with a voice drowned in alcohol

I rush to school running on my two average sized legs. For some reason, my gut feels something is wrong. When i got there, fear comes over me. My curiosity fought it down and the door clicks once. The scene before me is almost like the time Storm committed suicide. But Madj is here with her back facing me and when i walk further i see Micheal crumpled on the floor. I didn't know what came over me. I just know i have to do something.

"Madj call 911. Call them now!!" I shriek seeing blood and lots of bruises on him

"Why??" Madj asks as she comes closer to me

"He's bleeding. He might die---" I am trying to say but was cut off when i saw the look on Madeleine's eyes.

Her eyes aren't cheery like usual. They were full of dark intentions. The feeling of her stare is like a knife at my throat.

"I don't want to." Madeleine smiles with her tone in a sing-song manner

I stare at her full of disbelief.Its like the old Madeleine is lost and isn't her. The person in front of me is like a banshee-like creature. Her pale complexion radiant with the crimson liquid from Micheal. A knife gleams in her possession, happily twirling in her hand. 

"This is my surprise for you Rosie. Aren't you happy?" The banshee-like creature laughs

"No." I coldly reply tears beginning to form in my pools of carnations

"Your a bit selfish. But that will change if i tell you about THAT." Madelein sneers

She twirls making her long hair dance with her. The movements she makes as if are made from an unknown melody. The moon began to appear and the cold night air began to fill my lungs. Her body stops.

"You know THAT time, when the three of us were at the rooftop. You shouldn't blame yourself for Storms death. He had it coming. I knew about your crush on Storm even if you wouldn't tell me. You had THAT look on your face you never gave me. But the time you left to buy drinks, he told me he liked me and wish to be my boyfriend. I turned him down flat and told him to kill himself and if he doesn't i threatened to kill me. I couldn't handle it if you went away. It was either him or me. It was good he choose to kill himself." She stated with a wide grin on her face

"How could you!!" i scratch Madj and give her lots of punches throwing the knife away.

But as i fought with her more i noticed a cold surface in the back pocket. A GUN. I am distracted so she got the upper hand the punched my at the stomach, slowly my lower body gave way and i crumple in pain. Madelein was muttering something sadly i couldn't understand. Everything went black.

WHEEWHU  WHEEHU

I regain consciousness in an ambulance. My body couldn't move but i was sure someone aside from the rescue team is with me. My eyes look for this presence and it was Micheal with stitches and patches on his wounds.

"Its ok now. She is gone." Micheal tells me in a calm manner holding my hand

"I have to put anesthesia on her now." one of the paramedics utters.

I end up going back to sleep. When i wake up, i'm at the hospital with a colorful-themed room. My eyes seem to dream that my mom was here with her things and when i am about to close my eyes again there she is. my mom. Her eyes are tired almond shaped balls with green irises in the middle. The hair she is so proud of the shade of strawberry blonde in a messy ponytail. It takes her a bit of time before she reacts and she hugs me very tightly the moments she does.

"Doctor! Doctor! Nurse!" She screams her thick dark pink chapped lips cries

A complete medical team comes in at first full of worry and stress but calm down to a soothes expression. My is smiling with tears falling from her eyes. The doctors and nurses are relieved. One figure was at the door, Micheal, his back turned but i know he is happy too. Then I see a very powerful stride head my third visitor. He was taller than Micheal but had the same hair color and charisma. He seems quite flustered about what happened and hugs Micheal. The accessory he wore to cover his face is taken off. It is Eric Donaue.

This is the first summer I've trully lived. I am not Everything. :)

© Copyright 2011 Breakingcandy (breakingcandy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799680-Me-isnt-Everything