*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799958-Washed-my-cat
by Ganaa
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1799958
This is my first writing, very excited. Hope I will learn to write well.
         My cat is 8 months old. Her name is Lucky. She is growing so fast. Now she is too big for her litter and getting smellier everyday. Generally, I don't wash my cat because I heard someone say that cats clean themselves by licking and don't need washing. Since they don't like water, I decided not to bother her.
         But today was the exception. She buried her waste incompletely and stepped on it then walked around the room. So I decided to wash her. I brought her in the bathroom and closed the door. While I was preparing the sink, she sensed something and sat on the door sill and leaned against the door. At the moment I leaned down and grabbed her, I saw horror in her eyes and her eyes became round like a ball, and dark like her black nose. As I lifted her, she gave little "meow" instead of ferocious fight like I thought she would. Then I put her in the sink which was half full with water. When I started to wash her, she got scared and tried to run, but not in an aggressive way. I was talking to her all the time, trying to calm her down. Amazingly, she really got calmed down. But she was very jumpy and ready to run if anything startled her. I was usually holding her by my one arm from her neck area. In this way, I was directing her body; otherwise she will wrangle her body, and might hurt herself. I even turned her body upside down and dipped in water. She wasn't so much angry about that.Then I shampooed her body and rinsed her off with water. Afterwards, I gently rubbed her face with my wet hand, trying not to put water in her ear. The washing was better than I thought. No bad incidence had occurred. Of course, this wasn't the best experience for my cat, but I genuinely think that she is the kindest cat I have ever seen and I love her so much.
© Copyright 2011 Ganaa (ganaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799958-Washed-my-cat