*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800427-Getting-Away
Rated: ASR · Assignment · Drama · #1800427
A very short writing prompt. "They had nothing to say.." Review and I'll review yours.
         They had nothing to say to each other after all this time. Steven thought Megan looked like a tired shell of her former self. She was once Miss Montana, so what happened?
         “Can you pass the salt?”
         Steven fumbled for it, almost knocking over his water. Megan once told him never to order a lemon with his water. She claimed the waitresses touched them with their bare hands.
         The rain pattered on the windows. The fourth day in a row it had rained, and Steven was certain at this point it was an omen.
         “You look good.”
         Steven popped his knuckles. “Thanks.” He ran his hand through his sandy hair, realizing how badly he needed a haircut.
         He wondered how long they could go without cutting to the chase. They were both here for a reason, so why couldn’t either of them just say it?
         It’s now or never, he thought. Deep breath. “What are we going to do?”
         “It’s taken care of,” an assuring response.
         Steven looked into her doe-like eyes skeptically.
         “No one will ever know, Steven. I’ve taken care of it.”
         “Everything? You’ve taken care of it all?”
         A stern look in response. He had just seen the latest news report about it. After all these years, they would be taken into custody as soon as they could be located. No one got away with something like this.
         “I’ve suffered enough, Steven. Stay in your Hell as long as you want. I’ll be gone within the hour.”
© Copyright 2011 Aj Jones (aj.jones at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800427-Getting-Away