*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800693-There-is-Something-About-the-Man
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #1800693
A short story about the most special man.
There is Something About the Man
By M. Harris

He walked out of Nazareth, down to the river and the Baptizer said, “Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.” The Baptizer had shouted for a long while, “There is One coming after me, whose shoe laces I am not worthy to unloose.” He shouted to the temple folks, “you generation of vipers.” The Baptizer was making a straight way for the path of God. The Baptizer knew Isaiah had spoken and he knew the Branch was coming from the Davidic line. When the Baptizer saw the man, he knew instantly who He was, but when persecuted and in prison, he asked the question. Are you the One or is there still One to come?

He walked to the seashore and a fisherman met Him for the first time and He said to the fisherman, “Come follow me.” Just three words and the fisherman left all and followed Him. This is miraculous, awesome, first-time influence. He said, “I’ll make you fishers of men.” The fishermen must have experienced reverence, fear and wonder . . . a great drawing . . . a powerful force.

He was a carpenter’s son or so it was said, because the man that married His virgin mother after He was born was from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, King David and King Solomon. All carpenters are tanned from the sun with plenty of muscle. He was an attractive man in looks, in strength, in charisma and the Bible says, “He increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men.” A special attraction, that inspires allegiance or devotion, would be an understatement of His bodily appearance or aura. There was more.

In the Garden of Gethsemane, the man knelt to pray. Upon His body it pleased the Father to pour out the cup which contained all of your horrible sins, all of my horrible sins, all of the insanity, all of the horrible diseases and all of our twisted, broken, burned and mutilated bodies of affliction. The Man knew what was in the cup. He took the cup willingly and He sweated great drops of blood. There was more than something about the Man.

In Mark 15:39, There is a Roman Centurion soldier who saw it all, from the washing of Pilot’s hands to His death at the crucifixion on Golgotha. The Scripture says, “And when the Centurion, which stood over against Him (opposite the Man), saw that He so cried out, and gave up the ghost (he saw the Man die), he said, TRULY THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD.

The Man’s name is JESUS - the BRANCH of ALMIGHTY GOD
“the only begotten Son of God”

He had the admiration of a Centurion soldier, clearly a man of war who had seen it all. He was admired even in death by this soldiers, who had seen many men die. This Centurion knew the beating, flogging, scourging, cursing which Jesus had received. The ignorant (temple) folks were saying, “Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself and come down from the cross.” The chief priests were mocking and said among themselves with the scribes, “He saved others; Himself He cannot save.” Mark 15: 29, 30, and 31. They had the books of Moses and the words of the old prophets. But they were so interested in their worldly fame and how man would perceive them, that the Word of God and the words of the prophets were ignored. Their eyes were blinded by silver and gold, designer clothes, the magnificent temple, gourmet food, merchandising, elaborate travel, Roman philosophy, temple ritual and political power among men. Jesus called them “hypocrits.” They were pretenders. Pretending to have moral virtue and Jesus called them “hypocrits.”

We have these Words of Scripture today and a whole New Testament, but building the biggest church and tickling the ears of the members, so money will flow, is more important to some. Is it important which church gives more to charity? We know charity is important. Are luncheon’s important? Are dice and card games important? Are psychology personality profiles of Christians important? Are Yoga classes important? Are Bingo games important?

Visit most churches and the members do not know the Scripture. The members are not even interested in Scripture. The Holy Word of God is not anything they want to read. It is called allegory and symbolic . . . not really something to learn and understand. Yet, in spiritual warfare, Jesus told Satan three times, “It is written.” Knowing Scripture is required for spiritual warfare. Scripture is wisdom, knowledge and understanding. We are commanded to get these three. The Bible tells us “Scripture cannot be broken” and all that is written “will be fulfilled.”

Other church classes are book reading, politics and the church, Christianity and basically what you need to know to join the church. When the Holy Spirit begins to deal with us, how can we stay out of His Word? If the Holy Spirit is in you, the Word of God must be important to you. And if it is important to you, then how can we not read it every day? Jesus said, “seek ye first the Kingdom of God.” How are we to know about the kingdom, if we don’t know the King? How are we to know the King without reading His Word? Salvation is a free gift from God, but we must be obedient to His Word. We are commanded to take the gospel into all the world. If we don’t read the Bible, how do we know the gospel? Do we just blindly trust the preacher or priest to tell us the gospel? No, we do not! God tells us “the scripture cannot be broken.” We are told to take the scripture and make sure the preacher is preaching correctly. And if the preacher preaches anything other than the gospel of Jesus Christ, let him be accursed or damned. That is what Scripture tells us. Don’t listen to him who does not teach the gospel.


Some priests are preaching that Jesus is not the Son of God. Let him be accursed or damned. Some preachers are preaching that Allah is the same as God. Let him be accursed or damned. There is only One True God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God who sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to go to the Cross, take our sins upon Himself, be crucified, buried and resurrected, so we can have eternal life, by believing in Him and what He did for us. Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus Christ is the only way, truth and life to God the Father and eternal life. Jesus Christ is the only TRUTH, there is no other truth. No one gets to God and eternal life except by Jesus. If you don’t know Scripture, you will be deceived. The battle field is in the mind. There is a great responsibility on the man of God to preach the Word correctly. One could say it is a very serious matter with God. God knows the weakness of man. That is why He gave us the Holy Spirit to reveal the Word. Jesus said, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.” (Mark 2:27) Know Jesus, not the church. Faith comes by hearing the gospel from the man of God, but we live by God’s Word - not by man’s word. The scripture says, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Paul said at some point we must get out of diapers and get mature. At some point we must start telling the lost, the unbeliever, about Jesus Christ. Those were not Paul’s exact words, but exactly what Paul meant. The Holy Spirit and the Word of God bring maturity. If you don’t open the Bible except on Sunday, you’ll stay in diapers.

For my friends, who have great admiration for the virgin Mary. At the wedding feast when they ran out of wine, Mary told the servants “listen to Jesus.” At the transfiguration, when Jesus met Moses and Elijah, and Peter, John and James watched. A voice came out of a cloud that surrounded them and Almighty God said, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” We are to hear Jesus. We are to listen to Jesus. Even Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice.” Get into God’s Word, the Holy Bible, and you will hear and listen to Jesus. Stay in it and you will hear the audible voice of the Living God.

This was not written to criticize, far less to condemn. The desire is to stir up Christians. Put Christians on fire for the Lord. Church as usual is lukewarm and stagnant in this day and time. Do we read God’s Word? Do we even pray anymore? Do we even know what supplication means? Do we know how to pray? Do we know the power of prayer? Jesus told us to pray and how to pray. Why don’t we believe Jesus? He commanded us to pray.

Another great moment is when the Man confronted the scribes and Pharisees. They sat a woman caught in the act of adultery in front of Him. They quoted Moses in the law commands that she be stoned and they wanted to know what the Man would say. The scripture tells us that Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground as though He didn’t hear them. Then Jesus stood up and said, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” (John 8:7) Then Jesus stooped back down, and wrote on the ground. Jeremiah 17:19 says that Jesus wrote on the ground their names. When Almighty God stood up that first time and said, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her,” His countenance, His facial and bodily expression in all Its awesome power . . . convicted . . . with those fifteen words and they all turned and walked away. There was something about the Man. Scripture tells us in John 8:9, that the temple folks (scribes and Pharisees) which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience (they got a blast of the Holy Spirit) went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.” (Hebrews 10:31) A dad correcting a son with just a look and a few words of obedience is just a small glimpse of how Jesus corrected the scribes and Pharisees. This is such an unequal description.

He said, “I only do and say what I see My Father doing.” That gives us a hint of Whom was walking the earth. Try putting that One into words. When Moses asked, “Who shall I say sent me?” Almighty God said, “Say I AM has sent you.” Those two words have been given deep thought. Exodus 3:14 KJV, “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”

I - the person speaking or writing
AM - first person singular
THAT - who, which person, what one
I - the person speaking or writing
AM - first person singular

When asked His name Almighty God said, “I AM THAT I AM.” Almost to say, there is no one name for Me, like there is for you. Another way to think is “What one, person speaking, is the first person singular.” Or no one name for Me and no one person like Me. God’s fullness cannot be comprehended by mere humans. We understand The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit but His fullness extends beyond the comprehension of man.

In an old encyclopedia, years ago, a statement was found about the zeitgeber in biology. Meaning any time indicator such as light, dark or temperature is influencing our biological clock. LIGHT is considered by many researchers to be the most critical external timer or zeitgeber . . . time giver. The smallest light can dispel the greatest darkness.

From the concordance of the Bible, we can check out “light.” In 1 John 1:5, “God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.”

“Let there be light” - Genesis 1:3
“The Lord is my light” - Psalm 27:1
“And the life was the light” - John 1:4
“Walk as children of light” - Ephesians 5:8
“The Lamb is its light” - Revelation 21:23

Before all others - before any other person, spirit or thing - foremost - the beginning - the Alpha was the Great Time Giver, Almighty God.

Revelation 1:8 - “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”

The verse directly above this verse, Revelation 1:7 - “Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. This is when He returns to the earth to set up His Kingdom. This is not the rapture - the come up hither - the hidden - the caught up to meet Him in the clouds.

I have always thought it funny that we think because we have television that the Word can say, “every eye shall see Him.” This is Almighty God, folks. He created this earth. He doesn’t need television so you can see Him.

The Book of Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Listen to His description

1. A great voice as of a trumpet, as the sound of many waters (loud)

2. Clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girted about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and His hairs were white like wool, white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire. And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace.

3. In His right hand seven stars

4. Out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword

5. His countenance was as the sun shines in the sun’s strength (blinding)

6. In the midst of the throne stood a Lamb as it had been slain

7. The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Jesus was always with God)

8. The rider of the white horse called Faithful and True and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.

9. His eyes were as a flame of fire (piercing, awesome, captivating . . .)

10. On His head were many crowns, clothed with a vesture dipped in blood and His name is called The Word of God.

11. Out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations and He shall rule them with a rod of iron and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

12. On His vesture and His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

13. And He that sat upon the throne said, “Behold I make all things new.” (Think about this statement from the Creator)

The entire Bible is the inspired, living Word of God, but the book of Revelation carries a warning about distorting, changing, imagining, and symbolizing. The Book of Revelation also carries a blessing for those who read it. When we know Jesus, we know the speaker is Jesus Christ Himself. John didn’t write this book of Revelation in riddles, allegory or symbols because he feared man. John walked with the Living God on earth. He told us Christ loved him. He wrote Revelation word for word from the mouth of Christ Jesus. And he wrote exactly, what he saw and what he heard. And he did exactly, what he was told to do. And John was waiting anxiously to be with Christ Jesus in heaven. Death didn’t worry John. Rome didn’t worry John. John feared no human and no devil. John had put his hand to the plow and John wasn’t looking back. John wanted the Kingdom of God. John wanted to be with King Jesus, the High Priest, the King of Kings, the One and Only True God. The One that John loved with everything in his being.

That is Revelation, but we cannot read Exodus chapters 19 and 20, without understanding that being anywhere in the vicinity of Almighty God is a fearful experience. The Father is awesome. When He walked the earth as a man emptied Himself and humbled Himself as Jesus Christ, so He could go to the cross and defeat Satan and save us. That awesomeness was in the Man. Satan could not defeat the second Adam, the living Son of God, Jesus Christ.

Paul experienced Jesus on the road to Damascus. Paul encountered the risen Jesus with the authority and power of God. At this encounter Paul was Saul of Tarsus and he was persecuting the believers in Jesus and dragging them to Jerusalem to prison. Saul was working for the high priest and on a mission for the temple folks. Saul was full of pride and the political power of men.

Acts chapter 9, states “suddenly there shined round about Saul a light from heaven: and Saul fell to the earth.” In chapters 22 and 26, it states that the men with Saul who witnessed the event “stood speechless” after they were able to get up. Awesome experience; scripture says Paul was trembling and astonished. He was also blinded until the Lord would let his sight be restored. Paul made one of the greatest “turn-arounds” known to believers. Jesus asked Paul, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” Hebrews 4:15 “For we have not a High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” When the disciples and the believers were being persecuted by Saul, to Jesus it was the same as persecuting Him. And it is today. Again, Hebrews 10:31, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.”

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. This is said so many times in the Bible that it is not necessary to quote all the Scripture verses. The fear of the Lord obliterates any fear of humans. “If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)

Jesus walked the earth using His Father’s power to heal the broken hearted, cast out demons, cure the sick, and raise the dead. Jesus said He didn’t come to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. Jesus said, He didn’t come to judge, but if He did judge, His judgment would be true. He came in humble love for us as Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He gave us an earthly example to follow. Something we could understand. Jesus knew understanding God Almighty in all of His fullness (the Ancient of Days) was not for man to thoroughly understand. Jesus came for a purpose. He came to give us eternal life. Satan took this away in the Garden of Eden. If He had not appeared on the earth to suffer crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection, we would have all died in our sins, diseases and afflictions, with no hope of eternal life. Jesus defeated Satan in His own way, so we can live victoriously on earth, in heaven and on the new earth to come.

Hold on to Jesus. Don’t let go of Jesus. Regardless of what man tells you, i.e. . . . We’ve discovered this or we’ve found that, don’t believe man. The reason for this statement is men and women have the chart, showing a monkey evolving into a man, still burning in their mind, even today. Pure lies and all proclaimed discoveries of evolution, monkey to man, are fraud. It will become worse than this. The great deceiver is coming and he isn’t happy, because his time is short. Read your Bible. The words “It is written,” worked for Jesus and it will work for you. Jesus showed us and told us so many wonderful things. He did not miss a thing that we will need. He even gave us the Holy Spirit to refine, purify, guide and comfort us. The Holy Spirit is one unique entity that bears witness with our spirit. The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead and the Holy Spirit can raise us up. Jesus even said the Holy Spirit will speak for us. The Holy Spirit gives us words to say. The Holy Spirit tells us which way to walk and what to do. He said He would never leave us or forsake us. The Holy Spirit will take us up in the rapture or hide us when needed. (Romans 8:11) Whether we go up from the grave or go up alive, don’t worry the Holy Spirit has got you covered.

Believe Jesus, because there was something about the Man who walked the earth as the Son of God and fulfilled so many prophecies in the Word of God. We, who know this Man Jesus, know that He lives inside of us, and we call Him the Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Spirit knows we cannot pray as we should, therefore, He speaks to Jesus for us. What a friend! And Jesus is sitting at the right hand of Almighty God, The Father. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father, except by Me.” So when we pray in the name of Jesus to the Father, the Holy Spirit gets it right for us. Jesus said that He was sending the Holy Spirit to us and He did. How thankful I am. Praise His Holy Name, Jesus. Most definitely, There is more than…Something About…the Man, … J E S U S.

Do you know Jesus? Or do you just know the church? Have you surrendered your life to Him? Is Jesus first in your life? First before family, church and friends? Do you pattern your life after Jesus? Do you tell others about Jesus? Is Jesus always in your thoughts? Does Jesus sit with you when you watch TV? Does He approve of the show? Does Jesus ride with you in the car? Does He stand with you in a line? Do you have perfect peace? Do you have love in your heart? Do you know His perfect will? Do you see Him in every-thing? Do you feel blessed? Do you have hope? Do you know His word? Do you speak His word? Do you know His voice? Do you know His touch? Do you know His smell? Do you believe Jesus? Do you speak His name? Do you shout His name? In today’s world god can mean anything, but the name Jesus means everything. The name, Jesus, makes demons tremble and flee. Evil does not want the name Jesus spoken. Do you know the power of the name, Jesus? Are you sure when you breathe your last breath, you will be with Him?

Do you want to know Jesus, because if you do, He’ll send the Holy Spirit to clean up your life? Takes time for the old you to die and for the new you to show up. It is called being born-again, but what He starts in you . . . He is more than able to finish. Those He loves, He disciplines. Count all trials as joy. When you are persecuted for His name, rejoice. When your sins are forgiven, He remembers them no more. If they come into your mind, Satan put them there. At your Salvation, a free gift from Jesus, He washed you white as snow. So remind old Satan, that he is a defeated foe. Stand and when you stand against evil, remember that He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world. And your name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. This is the peace that surpasses all understanding. Jesus promised us that no one is able to take us out of the Father’s hand . . . the hand of Almighty God.
There is a great deal more, “than something about the Man, Jesus.”

Word count: 4,118
© Copyright 2011 M.Harris (mharris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800693-There-is-Something-About-the-Man