*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800886-The-Wordsmiths-Creed
by JDMac
Rated: E · Prose · Writing · #1800886
A re-imagination of 'The Rifleman's Creed' to inspire writers of fiction.
The Wordsmith's Creed

These are my words.  There are many like them, but this arrangement is mine.

My words are my friends.  They are my life.  I must master them as I must master my mind.

My words, without me, are useless.  Without my words, I am useless.  I must use lies to tell truth.  I must write it truer than if it actually happened.  I must write with the senses before all sense dies.  I will…

My words and I know what counts in this story is not the quantity written, the boldness of our text, nor the twists in plot.  We know that it is the characters we create.  We will honor them…

My characters are human, even as words, because they are my life.  Thus, I will learn them as brothers and sisters.  I will learn their weaknesses, their strengths, their scars, their skills, the fire in their eyes, and the speech of their tongues.  I will ever guard them against the mediocrity of purposelessness as I will ever guard my own life from such meaninglessness.  I will keep them defined and true to form.  We will become part of each other.  We will…

Before God, I swear this creed.  My words and I are tellers of stories.  We are the masters of this prose.  We will tell these tales all the days of my life.

So be it, until all of the stories have been told and there is no more to write but ‘The End’!
© Copyright 2011 JDMac (tallguyarrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800886-The-Wordsmiths-Creed