*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801375-The-Worlds-Most-Beautiful-Monster-Ch-4
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · LGBTQ+ · #1801375
Chapter 4 of this series.
I lay there on the floor for a while, allowing my eyes to adjust to the sudden darkness.

Well, it wasn’t very dark, but living in a desert you don’t get many hours to become accustomed to it. The floor wasn’t that bad either, and I decided to stay there simply because if I moved it was likely I’d bash into something. The truck started moving. So they did come here just for me. I flinched as a door opened near me and Calvin walked through, bringing a tiny bit of light with him. I pushed myself up onto my knees, because lying on the floor in front of him was too embarrassing, but I still chose not to look at him. I knew that annoyed him slightly.



“They’re not going to treat you badly, Mike, I promise.”



I told you not to call me that.



I don’t say anything, because talking to him would just make him believe this was somehow ok.



“You don’t have to talk to me, Mike. I just want to sit here with you.”



Without taking in my expression, which clearly read if you sit next to me I will break your legs, or something along those lines, he sat down, right beside me.



I don’t know what was more awkward; the fact that neither of us were now talking and we were just sitting in the dark, or the fact that I had to stay there when he sat down, because I still couldn’t see a thing around me. It made it look like I didn’t mind. Which I did.



A lot.



The journey was long, way too long, and I was sure that he was inching closer to me as it went on. It must have been my imagination. I suddenly felt angry again, so I decided to occupy myself by trying to look around the space I was sitting. I could make out vague shapes, but what they were I had no clue. Still, it was better than acknowledging that he was sitting next to me.



“Mike...”



The truck stopped moving, and I felt his arm snake around my neck.



What the hell?!



“Mike, I’ve missed you so much.”



He pulled me down against his chest, hugging me tightly. I inwardly sighed. He smelled just how I remembered him.



Wait...what the-?!



I quickly pushed him away from me, standing up.



“W...we’re not friends any more, Calvin,” I managed to say shakily.



He opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off as the door slid open next to us, and I was pulled outside.



© Copyright 2011 xx-yaoi-love-xx (x-yaoi-love-x at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801375-The-Worlds-Most-Beautiful-Monster-Ch-4