*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801537-Life-of-Aphroditie
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1801537
Life as a teenager is not pretty, expecially when your a goddess.....With strict boundries
"Great, another day to sit in the palace and mope.
Let's see...."
I look down at my list for the thousandth time.
'FEED LULU.
SWEEP BEDROOM.'
"Quota filled mother." my sandals, worn and weathered, shuffle across the subtle granite. I reach down to stroke Lulu, my gryphon.
I sigh, her feathery touch the only cure to this insanity.
I lay helplessly on my bed, five minutes later, and grimace.
I hear a faint knock at my door, and Lulu springs from my lap to growl at the intruder.
The door creaks eerily at the hinges, opening to reveal my mother.
I frown,
"Hello." I sneer.
"Aph, you need to get up and enjoy life."
"Maybe I would if i could get out of this dump."
"Tone." She warns, wagging a finger in my face.
I wriggle on my bed, writhing uncomfortably underneath her glare.
"Aph, Look at me." She props herself onto my headboard.
"I Don't want sympathy." I hear a harsh ring in my voice and bite my tounge.
"I am not going to deal with this every stinking day! Aph, get off your lazy bum and go venture the palace. just don't leave the main house ok?"
I nod soberly. I lift myself off the bed and run from the room, Lulu tagging along at my heels.
And for once, I dont care if it is just the main house, I just want out...

I snag my flying carpet on the way out the main house.
"RiSE!" I yell, and the carpet hovers. I jump on and steer it mentaly. I weave between the trees and finally reach a small, hidden part to the forest outlining our property. I pluck a fruit from a tree as I steer. And then the unthinkable happens. I tumble to my death.......
© Copyright 2011 Flora Jane (vampiregurl77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801537-Life-of-Aphroditie