*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802164-Intro-to-My-Trilogy-Character
Rated: E · Draft · Action/Adventure · #1802164
starting to outline characters and plots for some books im gonna write with my friend
Character: Leaf, hah just realized i put my name up here not a character name, if you think my name would work i might use it otherwise, il pop up some options. Tsirik, VolennKaa, Sarius, Manslin, Xoneran, Trayyen.
Personality: Very quick thinker and analyser but tends to be somewhat reckless.  Strong willed.  Passion for those he cares about/will        protect them at any cost.  Does not like dishonesty.  Confident and has pride in himself and his friends.
Morality: Strong Good
Fight Class: Mage/Spellcaster--Combat Spellcasting (concentration is formidable)
    As a mage I can cast many different types of spells and effects, however my knowledge of the arts is not infinite, the range of magic i know and how powerful a spell i can master in areas not effected by my Affinity is limited.  The areas of my affinity grant me exponential knowledge and power abilities for such magic.
Affinity: Water, Mental, Force
    Water: I do not need a standing body of water for magic, I can conjur water at will for my magic, however having a standing body of water decreases the energy i need to cast, and later on will allow me to cast certain massive spells that i would otherwise be unable to use.
    Mental: My mental fortitude is high meaning my mana pool for casting spells is significantly larger and will continue to grow.  My will is very high as well.  Enemies who can trick you with skill or lies, or use magic that influences the mind or will power or visual perception have a lesser effect on me.  My intelligence is so strong I can influence and affect others easier with the same types of magic/skills.  My mental strength may become so high I can train myself to be immune to any draining or sapping magical effects.
    Force: I have learned how to project my will into the material world to essentially move anything i want from any distance however i want.  My aptitude and strength of will governs how much weight i can move, from what distance i can move it, and how far i can move it.  Intelligence and other skills do not affect telekenesis.  Only will and mana affect it.
    With each affinity comes a natural resistance to similar types of magic, Mental affinity gives a much higher resistence to negative mental effects however.
    Magic is as diverse and varied as life itself, and as such different types of magic/forces act as opposites.  Water affinity makes me less adept and more vulnerable to fire magic. Mental affinity makes me more vulnerable and less adept to physical magics such as spells that effect stamina, movement speed, strength etc (ie touch magic mostly or area effects/magic traps).  Force affinity allows me to dominate the physical world thereofre i am unable to use summoning magic, magic traps, and advanced healing magic.
    Due to my characters inherently good nature I refuse to use most shadow magic (drawing power from the life in other realms), black magic (drawing out negative energy from the universe and channeling it into your enemies), necromancy, and blood magic (magic that uses your own life or the life od those around you).
    My character fights primarily through magic, however I am skilled in staff weaponry and magically augmented hand to hand combat.  Though my skills in both fighting styles are adequate though not masterful, they are first and foremost meant to preserve magic against weaker foes, to apply in desperate situations against stronger foes (I may be able to pinpoint a magical strike on a pressure point with a melee attack or make a combination attack).  Additionally, some staff weapons may have magical characteristics i can apply while fighting.
    A note for story developement: as me and my companions progress and become stronger and our bonds grow stronger, I will eventually create new ways to channel my energy.  Per my bond with Marc, our physically hulking warrior, I will learn how to channel my energy inward instead of outward, giving myself Inner Strength: a short but extremely powerful enhancement to physical strength and endurance.  Per my bond with our rogue/archer I will learn how to do the same for speed and acrobatics, giving myself Inner Speed.  Both inner channels require a significant portion of my mana pool and the more energy i expend the greater the effect, but the more i will need to recover afterwards to restore my health and mana.  The most difficult inner channel, one I will have to master over time by modeling it after Inner Strength and Inner Speed is Inner Will.  Inner Will's effects are greater than Inner Strength and Speed, but so are the repercussions.  Inner Will grants me, for a very short time, nearly limistless magical energy, concentration, and perception.  Any magic i would need material components for i can now cast at will, preparation time is reduced, and i can ignore any mana pool requirements for massive spells.  Any offensive attack, whether ranged, melee, magic etc, will almost garuanteed not effect my focus or movements and its effect is greatly reduced, however whatever damage it did inflict i will still suffer once my Inner Will expires.  Inner Will is essentially a last resort for when it is over, my mind virtually shuts down to rebuild itself rendering me incapacitated until I have recovered enough to regain consciousness.
    My familiar is a dwarf dragon (a very small dragon that might be about the size of a horse at its largest) named Haxor.  Haxor has some innate magical abilities of his own, a bond with me that has varying effects, but bottom line both our castings are more powerful when we are together, and even greater still if we synchronize our magic (note that synchronizing magic is extremely difficult to do).  Being so small, Haxor can not fly with too much weight, but being an average sized human as I am, he can carry me for a ways before he has to rest his wings.  Haxor is an emerald dragon and therefore knows earth magic.  He does not breath fire but can breath out a poisonous gas.  With a small excersize of will i can teleport him to my location, but the talent does not work the other way around.
    Special Characteristics: My energy of water will eventually flow through me and allow me remain hydrated even in the hottest and dryest circumstances, although casting water spells is more difficult in such environments.  I do not have to breathe underwater, and being in tune with water I do not need to see, rather i can feel where and what is around me within the water.

    Just a general idea of what each type of magic will be used for and how i perceive this 'magic' to be: my mental magic has a series of uses excerized simply by an effort of will, such as influencing someones decision or blocking them from doing the same to me, dispelling all but the more powerful mental magics, etc.  Greater mental magic such as hallucinations, illusionary pain or attacks, or domination of will require a power word or incantation to use, as such I have to best their will and defenses with my own power and remain focused and avoid having my words interrupted.            Force magic means I can move miniscule, small, or average items/beings/objects as long as i can focus on them.  I can cast other types of average spells while using such force magic as well as long as my concentration is relatively undisturbed.  Greater force magic requires much more focus and the use of my hands as directional channels for my magic energy, and as such it is extremely difficult to cast other spells or use other magic while using greater force magic.  However with enough focus and energy I can move, lift, rotate, or even break/crush very large objects and very sturdy objects.  However the bigger and stronger I go, the more effort it takes, the more magic it uses up, and the easier it is to disrupt me and make me lose control of the object.  I can also use force magic to stop something from moving with my effort requirment based of its size, strength, weight and momentum.  The distance between me and my target also effects the difficulty of my casting.  Water magic means I basically have mastery over water.  I can use water around me or conjur my own water to use.  I can move the water in whatever way I wish, change it's temperature, solidify it into ice or make it into steam/vapor.  Where regular water may be useless if only powered by the forces of nature, I can pour magic into it to make it much more powerful (ie cutting metal, breaking sturdy metal, overwhelming strong defenses etc).  I can mold the water into offensive or defensive structures.  It is possible to draw upon the water from the air and make an area dry and difficult to breathe in, however that level of mastery is very rare and very difficult to excersize.  I can not affect the water within another living creature.  Conjured water recycles itself through me meaning if i blast an enemy with ice shards, the shards that missed with melt down and the water will return to me for use instead of dampening the area they hit but shards that hit my mark will melt naturally, a powerful water hose or magic of the like, instead of soaking the enemy and surrounding area (unless i will it to) the water will evaporate instantly and return for my use as soon as its physical effect was carried out.  This recycling is a skill i develope to reduce the amount of mana i have to spend to conjur water during combat if no standing body of water is close enough for me to call upon.  This ability does not take effect on natural water, only my conjured water. 
© Copyright 2011 Tsirik_the_Arcane (arcane_savant at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802164-Intro-to-My-Trilogy-Character