*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802945-My-heart-belongs-to-you
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1802945
About true love. A tragic death. Long lasting love.
One day a wife and a husband were fighting. "your never home anymore! What are the kids gonna think about their father if he's gone all the time, they barely know who their father even is!" the husband grabs her and holds her, she struggles and tells him to let go, but he doesn't. " Tell me you love me." he says. "why?!" she replies. " Just say it." she says I love you. " Okay now kiss me." "what is this possibly gonna accomplish!" she yells. " Please just do it honey." so she does. " Now here take this." he hands her a necklace with a picture of him an her in it and puts it around her neck.
He looks at her and smiles and gives her one last hug and kisses her forehead whispering to her that he loves her, and heads off to work.
Later that night she gets a call, it was the police. The kids walk in to the room to see their mom crying. She hung up the phone and told her kids to come here and sit with mommy. She kisses each one on the top of her head and said "daddy loves you no matter what you remember that okay?" the kids just smiled.
Earlier that day after he left for work, as he was driving he was hit by a car and died. He had a feeling this would be the last day he saw his family So he kissed his wife one last time, told her he loved her and she said the same. He gave her a necklace of him and her, hoping that she knew his heart always belonged to her, and he hugged her one last time so he always knew the feeling of her in his arms.
© Copyright 2011 EmilyDlover (writergirl92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802945-My-heart-belongs-to-you