*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802979-My-Dream
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1802979
This is a dream I had when I was about 7 years old.
I was working for an Egyptian pharaoh in a cave with other slaves. There was an old couple there also. They were my friends. The pharaoh was mad at me. He asked me if I wanted to go home. I said yes. He was a cruel pharaoh. In reply to my begging, he called a giant lizard out of the water to eat me. I begged and pleaded with the pharaoh as the lizard approached me. He wouldn't listen. I was backed up against the wall. I tried to close my eyes before the lizard opened its mouth for I knew what I would see. I was too late. Just before I closed my eyes, I saw a human tongue and an eyeball flattened like a sunny-side-up egg: remnants on the lizards tongue from its past victims. I saw nothing, felt nothing. Suddenly, I exited the tip of the lizard's tail and entered the water. I was in a massive lake which resided in the large underground cavern that I lived and worked in. I could see the small caves that neighbored my own. I peered into the water I was floating in and saw giant alligators that were larger than school buses covering the bottom. I had to think fast. Wait, alligators don't attack mermaids! I started swimming and leaping through the water like a mermaid. I then spotted a giant mechanical fish floating atop the water next to the wall of the cavern. I swam toward it. When I reached it, I discovered a guy sleeping on it. He awoke and I asked him to take me across the water to the cave neighboring my own. When we arrived, I saw that it was a shopping place. I found a barrette that matched the one I had in my real life bathroom and decided to take it home.
© Copyright 2011 Daughter of the Night (lifeispassion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802979-My-Dream