*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805629-Two-Kingdoms-untitled
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Fantasy · #1805629
Four teens, find themselves in the middle of a battle to fill a soon-to-be vacant throne.
(this is just a snippet that I am working on, more is coming)

---Snow began to fall from nowhere, the sky was clear but large white flakes fell as the green and purple lights danced overhead.

The night was peaceful as they took turns on lookout to get sleep. The fire died out slowly. At some point an unearthly music began to flow from the sky and they were all put into a deep sleep. Even Apollo couldn’t resist the music's power from beyond. They woke up suddenly having all been in the same dream. They awoke to see the aurora break into a million pieces and fly down onto the snow before them.

On the trail of the broken aurora, white winged horses as graceful as angels with long flowing manes landed on the snow field. There were maybe fifty of them in all. The universe hushed in reverence to them. The horses turned into humans with long white hair, wearing long white robes. The leader of them was standing directly in front of Draven. He held out a rolled up paper with a green ribbon around it to her.

Draven looked at her companions, then stepped forward to the Pegasus Leader. None of them spoke a word. Once she took the paper, they all leapt back into their horse-form with huge white wings. After a moment of hovering just over the blowing snow, they flew back into the sky and the aurora once again danced overhead.

Everyone gathered around Draven as she slipped off the green ribbon and opened the paper. The letters and symbols were foreign to everyone present, “It’s written in Old Veltranian, my father is the only one who can read it.” Draven said to them. Disappointment was felt in a heavy collective sigh.

“He’s locked in the dungeon of the castle, there’s no way we can get to him.” Ria said to her. Draven tucked the paper into her bag.

The kids packed up their camp to head out. After another day of walking they came upon a thawing river where they stopped for water.
© Copyright 2011 K.C.New (kawriter78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805629-Two-Kingdoms-untitled