*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806230-60-seconds-before-I-die
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Emotional · #1806230
Another old work and have been published on the web before but still interesting to read
        “I can’t…breathe…” I mourned to myself as my asthma returned.
         It was 11 o’clock 59 minutes and 00 second at night. I cried, mourned, and groaned inside my dark room, alone, without my dad, my mom or even my siblings. I was totally alone. I tried to flip the switch, to turn on a small antique desk lamp beside me before I looked for my medicine. I flipped the switch and the lamp was turn on. Nevertheless, suddenly the lamp vague down and turned off, leaving a smell of burning wire, which made my asthma, became worse…
         I felt dizzy. I need oxygen, I thought. I tried to wake myself but I couldn’t, even when I struggled with all my strength. Still, I couldn’t move.
         Then in the brink of consciousness, I saw a man, standing. His back in front of me.
         “Who …are… you?” I asked him with trembling voice.
         He turned his head but remained silent. He stared at me with the coldest eyes I’ve ever seen. He froze me with his stare. I wasn’t able to move not even to blink my eyes. I was really desperate at the time.
         Meanwhile, the mysterious man was walking towards my bed, where I was lying on, nullified. I could hear his foot steps. Then, he knelt down beside my bed. He put his face near my left ear and whispered,
         “Don’t worry. I won’t harm you.”
         I could feel his breath on my face. I was stupefied and wondered what he would do to me. I tried to gather up all the strength and courage that I have to shout for a help. But I didn’t have the vim to do it because he had stopped me by saying,
         “It is useless for you to shout because there’s no one who will hear you. Besides, you’ll just be wasting our time.”
         “Our time!? What do you mean by that?” I asked him with a puzzled expression but, he remained silent.
         Then he stood up and bent near me. He lifted my weak body with his arms and carried me away from the bed.
         “What will you do to me…? Where will you bring me…?” I asked him with my faint and weak voice.
         Instead of answering my question, he stared at the moon through my room’s opened window. A freezing smile appeared on his face, which made me, once again, immobile. Suddenly, a pair of black-feathered wings appears from his back.
         I was astounded when I saw the pair of wings come out from his back.
         “Who are you? Please answer me!” I asked him once more.
         He looked at me and still with his freezing smile; he answered my question with his low-cold voice.
         “I am known as ‘The God of Death’ and I came here to take your soul with me, to a place where you belong to.”
         “WHAT!? Wa…Wait! I don’t want to die right now! NO~!”
         However, it was too late because he had flown towards the cold and dark sky through my window, leaving my mortal body, which lying on the bed.
         Later on, a woman came into the room. Then suddenly, she was shouting hysterically as she saw a soulless body of a young girl was lying on the bed. It was exactly 12 o’clock in the midnight…
© Copyright 2011 reisconrad (reisconrad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806230-60-seconds-before-I-die