*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806372-TO-WRITE-OR-NOT-TO
Rated: 13+ · Article · Emotional · #1806372
From one writer to another
                                                                        TO  WRITE  OR  NOT  TO



    I  have  not  written  anything  for  some  time  now,  on  the  long  road  of  literature  I  now  find  myself  stopped  in  a  lay-by.  Not  due  to  writers  block,  by  the  way,  more  along  the  lines  of  frustration,  discomfort  and  misunderstanding.  I  have  been  a  member  on  this  site  for  several  years,  so  this  is  not  the  ramblings  of  some  frustrated  newbee.

 

    I  first  joined  this  site  to  improve  my  skills  which  then,  were  akin  to  the  stone  age  (lol).  But  as  time  went  on  my  skills  improved,  as  did  my  confidence.  Now  I  never  set  out  on  this  road  to  be  the  best,  only  to  be  the  best  that  I  could  be.  Along  the  way  i  encountered  pain,  disappointment  and  heartache.

   

    But  not  being  one  to  fall at  the  first  hurdle,  I  continued  to  pick  myself  up  and  persevere.  One  thing  that  I  have  discovered  however,  is  that  the  better  you  get,  the  less  reviews  you  seem  to  get,  or  is  that  just  me?  Take  for  instance  my  last  contribution  to  my  port,  over  140  views  but  only  2  comments,  what's  up  with  that?

   

    I  do  however  still  get  the  occasional  suggestion  about  changing  this  or  that,  now  over  time  I  have  developed  a  certain  style  to  my  writing,  now,  some  may  fail  to  understand  what  I  am  attempting  to  put  across  or  think  that  it  should  be  put  a  different  way.  But  if  I did  change  it,  it  would  not  be  me,  if  that  makes  any  sense.    I  now  Find  myself  without  the  desire  to  write  anything,  although  I  have  many  ideas.  So  this  is  my  dilemma, do I  sit  where  I  am?  do  I  start  along  the  road  again?  or  do  I  just  give  it  all  up  and  call  it  a  day?



                                                                                                                      Yours  Respectfully

                                                                                                                            STORYMAN1                                                                         

© Copyright 2011 Storyman1 (storyman1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806372-TO-WRITE-OR-NOT-TO