*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806417-Bondage-Domination-Sadism-and-Justice
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Apol
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1806417
Inmate faces a challenge of character when a vicious beating occurs in front of him.
Bondage, Domination, Sadism, Justice



         Two indisctinct forms streaked past Rene's cell.  The sickening sound of fist on face impact told the rest of the story.  Another fight.  Rene had seen many over the last few months.  He managed to keep out of them, thankfully.

         The attacker paid no attention as three guards prowled closer.

         Rene sighed, got up off his cot to go see what was going on.

         Oh no.  It was Elabed.  Rene heard he narced on a drug ring to get some time off his sentence.  Just today they moved him to the same block as that ring.  This is how you rehabilitate a criminal, Rene thought bitterly.  He had a sneaking suspicion that the guards were going to be out some money if the ring stopped operation.  And this was their punishment for Elabed.

         The wiry latino's stomach was in knots as Elabed received a beating he would likely not survive.  This was not just another prison fight.  Someone was going to die.  Somehow, no one else cared.

         Elabed took another to the face, blood was running down his chin from cuts above his eye and his lip.

         How had either of them gotten out of their cells anyway?  The guards could arrange such things, of course.  Rene looked to his sink where months of hard work were coming to fruition in the form of a key.  It seemed laughable now, if this tweaker neonazi freak could get out of his cell any given day.

         The guards feet were rooted in place, at attention.  Like Saul at Stephen's murder.  Approving. 

         Elabed, sadly naiive, finally noticed the guards and with desperation ran toward them for help.  The bald, skinny fellow had murder in his eyes as he gave chase.  The  tweaker, Rene heard him called Spike, jumped on the black man.  Elabed looked up at the guards from his stomach, a tear fall.  There was no way out.  Spike punched the back of his head.  Again.

         The three guards backed up a little, glanced at Spike and began whispering, laughing, exchanging money. 

         Rene roared in disgust.  From his cell, he was looking at the guards' back down the hall to the left.  Rene had spoken with Elabed a few times, he was a nice enough guy. Had kids, and a wife.  He insisted he was innocent.  Rene had seen a lot here, he beleived it.

         Rene didn't have any children, but his family was huge.  In mexico, family was very important.  If one of his brothers died, leaving their family without a father... Rene choked a little.

         Elabed was screaming now.  Some residents just went back to their cots, not wanting to watch what could be them if "justice" decided it be so.  Others cheered.

         Rene's chest burned, this wasn't right.  The man was serving his time, whatever he did, if he even did anything wrong.  Rene's thoughts were pulled again to the key he was working on.  Even if it did work, what could he do against three guards?  And an insane addict nazi?  And then what?  It was a shortsighted plan.  But..

         Rene couldn't watch anymore.  Head down, he still heard Elabed's cries for help, and each punch landed heavily on his conscience.

         Elabed's screams had grown weaker.  There were squishy crunches and whimpering.  Another heavy THUNK!

         Eyes blurry, Rene saw his neices and nephews looking up at him but with velvet skin like midnight, huge eyes fulls of tears.

         Able to take no more, he ran for his small sink where the key was hidden.  He prayed, it had to work.  It had been very close last time, and these last modifications were it.

         Another scream clawed  his ears.  He scrabbled for the string attached to the key and carefully drew it out.  He snapped the string as he ran to his cell door.

         The key slid in easily.  Crossing himself he tried turning it.

         The deadbolts slid out with a heavy CLANK!

         The guards heard it.  Rene flew at them. 

         He was no stranger to fighting, all his childhood he had fought, it was about speed for him.  Speed of hand and mind.

         Enjoying the beating a bit too much, the guards' feet remained rooted.  Rene was upon them before their bodies were turned.  He took one guard completely unprepared with a well-aimed punch and the man's legs turned to mush as conciousness fled.

         Well, the easy part was done.  The guard had fallen away from him, and along with him a tazergun.

         Now he had two armed and alert guards and a curious neo-nazi watching him.  At least the beating had stopped.  He desperately hoped that Elabed wasn't permanently damaged, but he could spare no attention for it aside from noting the cold floor was slippery with blood.

         Ignoring their own tazers, and their fallen comrade, the guards began closing in unison with batons ready.

         "You're interrupting you little spic."

         "Shoulda' minded your own damn business, now you're gonna get his too."

         They reeked of testosterone and overconfidence.  Reason was nowhere in those eyes, if it had ever been there.  Rene would bargain with a rabid dog before these two.  Their bloodlust was insatiable. 

         Rene remembered the slippery floor and made an extravegant charge, not committing too much of his weight.  One guard lost his footing as he prepared to meet the attack that wasn't coming.

         It was enough, Rene drove the remaining guard back with a quick swing and firmly kicked the downed guard.  He doubled up around Rene's foot, the scrapper brought his fist down on the guards head, smashing it against the concrete.

         The third guard had not wasted time and fell heavily on Rene with all his considerable weight.  Screaming a warcry he brought his baton up to smash Rene's face.  Rene squirmed for all he was worth waving his arms to deflect what he could. 

         The first blow was only glancing.  It still landed like a ton of very hard bricks.  He saw stars.  His arms searched blindly for the body of the other officer, he needed that tazer!

         The guard didn't stop his scream as he hammered away at Rene.  Most strikes hurt, but as a result of his squirreliness were not finding their marks.  He prayed to God, please.

         The tattooed skinhead was up, if the guards eyes lacked reason, these were the eyes of a great white shark.  They even rolled into his head in ecstacy as he struck the screaming guard hard on the neck.

         Rene rolled the guard off him taking his tazer at the same time.  This man frightened Rene far more than the jaded guards.  He was a sadist and high, no inhibition, no respect for life.  Obviously.

         The nazi's disgusting bleach flesh had veins popping out like an elevation map all over.  His crazed eyes were more red than white.  He approached Rene with an inhuman smile.

         Rene didn't have much fight left in him, he had been beaten badly by the guard and could barely push himself up.  The skinhead shoved him violently back the ground and took the guard's place on top of him.  He put his hot, sweaty, bloody hands on Rene's neck and began to squeeze, his eyes rolled back a little.

         Rene squeezed the tazer trigger.  The barbs bit into flesh at point blank.  The maniac barely noticed, he inspected his side as if a fly were bothering him.  His grip actually tightened as he saw blood, nostrils flaring, he enjoyed it more now.

         Rene heaved, using the last of his strength to buck the man off.  He managed enough distance to squeeze the trigger on the electricity.

         He squeezed.  The man's eyes went wide in shock.

         Rene squeezed again.  He fell to the ground.

         Rene squeezed again.  His  eyes fluttered and closed.

         Laying in blood, Rene thanked God.  Elebed moaned softly and sat up.

         Mumbling through a broken nose and split lip, the black man said "You are one crazy cat.  Thanks man."

"I wish I knew what-?"  Heavy, booted footfalls filled the corridor.





There has been an ongoing investigation into prison conditions, I followed it occasionally.  The things these inmates, although not saints, had to go through was really unacceptable.  They have been found guilty and are serving their sentences, paying the price demanded by society.  Frequently there are privately owned prisons that are paid for each inmate they keep, and they treat them as animals, no human being deserves this.  The articles made me want to write a story where a similar injustice was occuring but someone overcame fear and did the right thing in spite of the consquences, which will likely be very dire.  Someday I may spend some more time on this and make it a little deeper, maybe add more layers and meaning, but as it is, I am satisfied.  It is my first finished piece.  I revised it 1.5 times.
© Copyright 2011 Apol (apollyon7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806417-Bondage-Domination-Sadism-and-Justice