*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808369-Lost-in-Memory
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tasha
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1808369
just a short story...not really completed but will do whenever i feel the emotions coming
She closed her eyes, losing herself in the gentle breeze, images of the scenic landscape around her filling her mind as she let out a deep breathe, releasing her stress, her worries, and most of all her heartache. For just that moment she could feel herself disconnect from her brokenness and let in, temporarily, the joy that seemed foreign to her. She clutched the grass with her finger tips, feeling blessed to feel the coolness run up her fingertips as she let the same sensation pass through her toes where her bare feet touched the dampness of the grass.

She threw her head back and slowly opened her eyes, the wind blowing strands of her hair on her face, tickling her but she resisted the urge to brush them back. She stared up at the clouds, taking in the vibrant blues, oranges and pinks of the sky. How beautiful it was! She wished she could stay lost in the that beauty forever, but dark clouds approached, and with it the first droplets of rain.

Suddenly and image of him flashed through her mind, and her breath caught in her throat. His piercing blue eyes staring at her with its intensity. His lips curved into a soft smile and she could hear him whisper to her "sweetest one..." Her chest tightened as the familiar pain, washed over her in waves. Slowly the tears fell down, merging with the onset of heavy raindrops.

Memories flooded her like a tsunami, raging against the week resistance she tried to instill from remembering him. The feel of his hands on her skin, the gentle whispers in her ears speaking words that wooed her heart. How could she be so foolish to let herself fall in love with him when she knew that he could never be hers? She cursed herself for her weakness and wanted immensely to turn her thoughts away from reminiscing about him, but like a moth to a flame she was drawn to his memory.

The crackling of thunder brought her awareness to her surroundings. Her body shivered slightly, her body drenched with rain as the weather became more and more unsettling around her. She jumped with the first sound of thunder boomed in the sky. She knew she needed to go find dry shelter but her legs felt to heavy to move. She wanted her body to get lost, letting herself fantasize about melting into the grass as the torrent of rain cleansed her being.

Another deafening thunder assaulted the sky, and the first seed of common sense took root in her. She forced herself on her feet. Looking at her surroundings one last time before she ran back to her car and into safety.



.
© Copyright 2011 tasha (tashabean at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808369-Lost-in-Memory