*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808710-Heartless
by Kelsey
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1808710
A short story about an abusive husband and revenge.
The bright light creeps through the deserted window, crawling slowly until it reaches the deformed figure lying on the floor. Broken, destroyed by the heart-wrenching pain of this distracted life. The tragic memories lurk in the back of her shattered mind. Her glazed blue eyes look gray in the scene. They are open, staring past the object in her hand and toward something further, something more real, something more horrible than this disgusting life. She clenches everything she has, her microscopic dignity, her pathetic life, the knife in her hand. Everything she’s ever known has revolved around that comfortable familiar knife. She throws the knife across the linoleum floor and it bounces with a cringing sound. The lifeless body gives her comfort. That destructive man, that horrible hated man deserved what came to him. She is free. She can breathe again. The pain, the drugs, the terrifying things he did to her, everything is gone. She can live again. Suddenly the sirens call, bringing her to reality. They call her crazy. Nothing she ever did was crazy. What he did to her soul was unbearable. She was only justifying everything he ever did to her. The bruises, the scars, the suffocation, she endured everything for the tiny baby. That innocent little baby. But everything is gone now. He killed her. The girl was crying because she hadn’t eaten for two days and he shook her. He shook the heart out of that little girl. At least she is free of this excruciating life. The blue and red colors blend in an array of silence as she collapses to the cold, heartless floor.
© Copyright 2011 Kelsey (kelsey03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808710-Heartless