*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808977-What-Goes-Around-Comes-Around
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1808977
This is just a short fictional story that I came up with on the fly.
      I had just finshed picking up a handful of ketchup packets one of my "friends" dropped on the sticky tile floor on her way to the hand out window. My head set felt tight against my head and was beginning to give me a herendous headache, as it normally did after wearing it for eight hours. Screams of babies filled the air, along with the scent of french fries, I looked out into the crowd of people that were engulfing our front counter. There were old people with glasses as big as their faces, parents holding babies, wild children running throughout the resteraunt like monkies, they all disgusted me.
      An obnoxious beep snapped me out of silent rant. "Hi, welcome to McDonald's, may I interest you in a new fruit smoothie?" I felt like such a robot, saying the same thing, in the same tone, day in and day out. "Uh, yeah hi, I just need a moment to decide what I want." Oh how I hated those unholy words. I took a slow deep breath, exhaled slowly and said, as nicely as I could, "Take your time, go ahead whenever you're ready." Cars were beginning to wrap and twist themselves around the building like pretzels.
      She must not have realized it, but I could still hear every single thing she was saying, she was cackling and snorting, like some sort of animal, she was on her cell phone! Did this lady not understand that the rest of the town was lining up behind her? I just carried on making a chocolate milkshake, and then another one, and hot fudge sundae, and a small fry, I was beginning to think that she forgot she was even in a drive thru.
    "Ma'am, may I please take your order?" I said as I grinded my teeth together and scrunched my lips. "Yeah, I haven't decided, so anyway, When I.." and she continued to talk on her cell phone. Between the screaming children and the honking horns, I was about to explode! What was this woman's deal? I was beyond angry, I was about to walk out to her car and drag her out of the driver's seat and "Okay, I'm ready, I'll just have a diet coke, the one from the dollar menu." I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped to the floor and steam flew from my ears!
      I took off the head set and the thudding in my head slowly ceased. I peeled off my hat and slid off my name tag and slowly drudged my way to my car. I started it up, pushing in the gas petal to ensure that it didn't staul out. I backed out of my parking space and slowly pulled to the end of the employee parking lot, where I sat for another fifteen minutes as the drive thru traffic died down enough for me to creep out.
    On the my way home I must have hit every red light there was, and just as I was about to lose my paitence for the second time that day, I saw in the distance a familiar car. I squinted my eyes and made out the vehicle, and the driver. It was the lady from earlier, her white shirt was now stained brown. She was talking to a police officer, that she had rear ended, while talking on her cell phone. As I made the last turn through the only green light my air conditioning kicked on and a cool puff of air blew onto my satified smile.
© Copyright 2011 WhitneyRichele (whitneyrichele at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808977-What-Goes-Around-Comes-Around