*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809303-Dark-Lucidity
by Luneth
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #1809303
This piece is a draft version of an idea I am currently working on for a saga.
An enveloping darkness surrounded the space about him; forcing the light to yield. He could faintly make out what he believed was the Citadel of the Stars, Ultas. Tell tale signs were the enchanting noises that accompanied the place: travelled tradesmen from across Edolor arguing over the price of common amenities such as bronze; iron; sandstone; chalk and more, the roar of the Dragons- Dominion of the Skies, which, to one visiting Ultas for the first time, sounded like their submission to an impending doom; the loud displeasure of the Elven or Dwarven nobility, who were either complaining about their lack of business due to the increasing numbers of the Newman race, or something trivial like why so much emphasis had to be placed on equality. The Citadel of the stars was noted for its incredible marble-paved ground, if ever a reason for Dwarven ignorance was warranted, this was it. Geomages of the Old Age, whom were all Dwarves, were the crafters of this wondrous sight, the ground leading into Ultas and slightly beyond was paved of solid marble; this gave Ultas a regal look and was quite a feat in the old ages when geomancy was but an infant in the Arcane Arts. The Marble was immune to dirt and its natural accumulation, thus, one could literally look to the ground beneath and see themselves, as if looking into a mirror image...but for the darkness. It stalked the star painted sky as if it was searching for something...or someone. Terror filled my heart as I realised with a desperate sadness that the darkness was searching for me! Now running past trees of elm, rowan and yew which, I noted were not trees found in the Ultas Citadel I realised the land on which I ran, was Faunan, and ever persistent was the ensuing darkness. How I came to be in Faunus was a question lost on me, for I could run no further, defeated, desolate and demoralised I stood still and the triumphant darkness engulfed me.
© Copyright 2011 Luneth (darkdisciple at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809303-Dark-Lucidity