*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809392-Fighting-To-live
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1809392
A piece of writing full of Deep emotion, specifically depression.
Fighting to Live:

We lay in the trench alone and motionless. Thunder and lighting, and nothing but black clouds for miles. The rain pouring down on us. Every drop feeling more and more like shards of glass. The rain does not look normal, but a dark red. The rain is blood, the blood of those who walk over our bodies without regret or care. Our arms and legs are broken from years of pain and torment. Our hearts, Shattered by abandonment.

We lie here, covered in dirt and bullet shells unable to climb out. We let out an agonizing cry for help,but no one answers. No body can hear us, we are alone. Staring into the sky hoping someone is coming to get us, but we know deep down that no body will.

We feel nothing but pain and remorse. What did we do to deserve such a horrible fate? We lived our lives to the fullest, helping those in need. We looked out for our friends when they needed us most. We went out of way to make everyone's lives but our own better. Everything that mom and dad taught us.

We are misfits. We are those who do not fit in, those who do not belong. We pass you every day, but you do not see us. We feel nothing but pain and sorrow, but you will never see it. We master in hiding our emotions so others do not see how we really feel. Hiding in the darkest of shadows, alienating our selves from society. We put on our fake smiles and act like everything is alright. Only those with a true heart can see past our disguise.

© Nick Stankov
© Copyright 2011 Nickolas2020 (nickolas2020 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809392-Fighting-To-live