*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809547-Disciple
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JAS
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1809547
A fantasy novel titled 'Disciple'. The evil warlord Laikreil under Arthius has conquered.
         His thought drew him away from his accomplices into complete solitude, consumed only by the display afront of him. He could feel his blood pulsating to the rythmn of his heart as an erie peace misted the air around him. He sensed the warmth from the flame and the longing for it to warm his soul. Yet it seemed to fade as the crisp and keen sense of coldness fell upon him.
         Laikreil peered out amongst the horizon to the plain from atop the cliff. The wind was crisp, cutting through the holes of his armor, carrying the scent of death and blood. It seemed almost welcomed at this point and very much warranted, for they came quick and fierce this time. The silence held a mutual strength as to the battle itself. He could hear their cries. He could feel their spirits in the wind circling above like the very creatures that would feast upon this very occassion. The breath from the stallion vapored the air front of them as he could feel the beast's heart rythmn to a slow. The collage of bodies and blood created a great sense of satisfaction for him. A sense of peace as a few made their last crawl towards perdition. The crimson glow, vibrant against the ice.
         He knew this was his place in time. His rise above death had been a countless occassion amongst a many battle now...Yet his' death, as he knew all too well, had occurred long ago. Not to be documented on a scale of time ,nor any recollection of his departure...only his arrival here. Like the eternal gods themselves, served with an infinite breath and undocumented birth. This was his very own. He reigned here.
         The few that were with him waited silently upon their stallions as tradition would hold in this post meditation. It was really the only peace that Laikreil ever really knew in this life. It was as if the only confrontation he had with death that he couild ever recognize was that in the eyes of his opponents. It had become an obsession. And as the only sense of life he had was the anticipation of having finally onced again obtained victory.
         Laikreil had not remembered the real reason war had began, nor did he care any longer. the process of elimination and his own natural instincts to single them out no longer mattered. He trusted noone. He was confident in his belief that his real enemies were still very much alive. Yet, it was all still the same to him. He would fight to the very end, as if it was his one and only purpose...and it was. It was all that he knew. He assumed that if all were in the grave that all would cease to be a threat to him.

© Copyright 2011 JAS (jasonasmart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809547-Disciple