*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809610-In-the-Town-of-Ripley
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #1809610
A mechanical problem strands Noelle in a small strange town where secerts are discovered.
My name is Noelle Morgan and a couple days ago I was going on a much needed vacation with my handsome if somewhat clutzy hubby Casen. I'm twenty-four and I work as a paramedic, yeah I see lots of gorey stuff sometimes, and thats why I need this vacation. Casen is a mechanic and he'd been dying to try out this muscle car; darned if I know anything about other then is a convertable and beautiful; that he'd rebuilt during the winter. So Casen had gotten some time off, hey his dad owned the garage, and I had time off and I wasn't about to say no to a road trip. We'd decided that we'd just go wherever the road took us, and well we ended up in a town called Ripley. Ripley was small and dusty rinky dink town that consisted of a couple houses and one big building and for some reason our car had up and died which was in itself weird. See a car, or any vehical that Casen touches is sure enough bet to run like new, so it dieing and with not visible reason well it was just odd. "Guess we'll have to stay the night",Casen said as he shut the hood. "What? Peaches, can't you fix it",I ask my voice high,I didn't want to stay here not sure why, but I was sure I didn't want to stay. "I'm pretty sure the promblems in the computer, even though it was new, I guess it must have been faulty. We'll have to hope that we can get one delivered in a day or so,"he said sounding perfectly calm, of course Casen was always calm, even when he tripped at our wedding and knocked me over with him. "I guess we don't have another choice then huh",I said knowing we didn't but kinda hoping we had. "Sorry doll",Casen told me as he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close, "We'll be back on the road before you know it".and with that I felt better, sort of, I still didn;t like this town but with Casen here I guess I could tolerate it for a couple days, and I pushed the feeling to the back of my mind, I really didn;t see why it bothered me so much the town looked harmless enough.



We walked to an old build with peeling white paint and a very weather worn and faded sign that declared the building as an Inn. Alton's Inn to be specific. We walked inside and I was kinda surprised that it was so clean and neat and homey, a woman a little older then me and ;freakishly maybe even a little enviously beautiful; sat at a table drinking what looked like tomato juice and staring at us, or more percisely at Casen. "We'd like a room for the night and to use a phone if its okay",Casen spoke politely and the woman smiled. "You're in luck sweetie we have one room left, and the phone on the wall over there",she said her voice smooth and I swear nearly purring, I felt my blood rush to my face. Casen turned and looked at me, "You get our key. I'm going to call dad and have him order and ship that box to us",he said and as he walked across the red carpeted floor, that woman, i'll call her 'Harlot', watched him go, a smile on her lips that I wanted to knock off; With my fist. "Here is your key",she told me after I signed my and Casens names down making point to show off my wedding band. I grabbed the key with a little more force then nessary and received a smirk that made my blood boil a little. "Dad said he'd have it shipped ASAP",Casen said happily when he returned at my said. "Good, lets go get our stuff",I told him sending a glare at Harlot that stoped whatever she was going to say and I gave a little smirk myself as I followed him plainly block 'Harlots' view of his jean clad backside. Don;t get me wrong I completely trust Casen, but I can't help being a little jealous, I'd married him and he was mine and I didn't like it when other women paid him that much attention. Luckily Casen didn't notice, that or he thought it was my general dislike of this town, which had in fact gone up another notch.

We packed our stuff into a room, it was nice I had to admitt, and I took a shower because the day had been hot and I felt icky with dust and sweat, I dressed in a cool t-shirt and some shorts while Casen showered, and I tied my dark curls back with a band. We were informed by an old man, Alton, that we were invited to dinner down stairs. SO Casen and I went, I was hungry so I knew Casen must be starving. Downstairs was a magnificent dining hall and to my surprise the only other guest that where there besides me and Casen was a small older couple, old man Alton, 'Harlot' and a handsome but strange dark haired young man.

He freaked me out a little, cause all through dinner he kept staring at me, though I tried to ignore him because 'Harlot' was staring at Casen again only this time like he was desert and she'd like to taste him or even eat him. Not happening Harlot!

"I moved my chair closer to Casen and this time when 'Harlot' looked away the guy, i'll call him 'McCreepy', gave me a leering smile. I won't lie he was handsome, movie star handsome in fact with dark hair and eyes and pale skin, but that smile was just creepy and besideds I preferred goregous clutzy blonde males from Georgia, to movie star handsome creepy dark haired ones from weird riny dink towns. "Excuse me but I don't think I caught your name",McCreepy said to me, "Yeah well I didn't catch yours either",I retorted and Casen looked at me amused and then at McCreepy to see how he'd respond. That was something else about Casen, he loved to watch peoples reactions for some reason I'll never understand. "I suppose I should introduce myself then",he said pleasantly, "My name is Greyson Alton Carington Jr. You've met my father Alton, and my sister Charolette",he said. I snorted, Charolette hmm, I hadn't missed my mark on her name by much. During my thinking I hadn't heard Casens soutern drawl introduce us, until 'McCreepy' said my name as if he were tasting fine wine or something, even Casen hadn't missed it and I felt a sort of joy when his blue eyes got a little darker, "Yes Noelle is my WIFE",he said emphasizing wife and I was thrilled, that was til I saw that McCreepy didn't seem to care. "Its wonderful to meet you both, and a pleasure that you're staying here, I do hope you find you're stay welcoming",he said and I wanted to laugh, cause 'Oh it was real welcoming'; Please note the sarcasm.

Later when we were back in our room I read while Casen massged my feet. "As soon as the car is fixed we'll leave and go wherever you want",Casen promised, but I still didn't think he felt the same about this place as I did, course when I was a child my mother told me I had better senses then most, a almost sixth sense if you will.

My sixth sense was telling me to get out now but we couldn't and Casen would think i'm crazy so I decided to write down my frustrations in my little note book after Casen feel asleep watching an old black and white movie on the tv.

I must have feel asleep during my writing rants cause when I woke up it was light outside. Casen was gone and I was very close to freaking when he poked his shaggy blonde head in the door. 'Breakfast is ready doll, and sadly our part has not yet arrived",he said and I nodded. "Let me catch a quick shower and i'll be right down Peaches",I said using the nick name i'd given Casen when I first met him in Georgia, As predicted he scruched up his nose at the name and I laughed. Besides him being born in Georgia and me having met him there, he also hated peaches with a passion so I usally called him that to make a point and admittadly because I thought it was a cute pet name.

Going downstairs I found Casen eating pancakes covered in berries, cream, and other confections. Sweet tooth much. Harlot Charlotte was once again watching him, looking particually beautiful for such an early morning, dressed in a soft cotten green dress and her flaming curls around her shouders and her skin that perfectly flawless alabaster that couldn't possibly be real. I was never one much on dresses and thankfully Casen didn't seem to care that I preferred jeans or shorts and tanks and tees or that I always worn my hair back. But still I suddenly felt as if I should be competing with her to prove that I was just as beautiful, which I didn't think I was, mind you i'm no dog, but I hardly think I'm a Southern belle or starlett. Still I pulled the band from my hair, I knew for a fact that Casen loved that it was long, dark and curly; and ran my fingers threw my curls before sitting beside Casen who looked at me and smiled before leaning over and kissing me. I didn't miss the envious look on Charolettes face and I didn't care that it deeped as I kissed Casen longer then nessisary tasting the honey and syrup and cream and berries he'd been eating on his pancakes. The mmmmm sound that Casen made added to my triumphic smirk. "Hmm, what brought that on",he ask and I laughed, the one that Casen said sounded like bells, but I though sounded more like a horn, "You taste good",I told him and laughed again when he blushed slightly but seemed pleased. Oh Sweet Victory! Miss Harlot Charolette was acting as if she was disintrested, but I knew better.

After breakfast I want for a walk while Casen took the computer box out of the car so he owuldn't have to when the other got here. I didn't here Greyson McCreep approached until he touch my arm and I jumped, hand over my chest as I glared and he chuckled. "I'm very sorry if I scared you Noelle my dear",he said charmingly, luckily I was immune. "I'm not your dear and I was startled not scared",I said a little icily. "Oh yes of course",he smirked, I sighed, "What do you want",I ask. "A kiss",he said and I glared, "I'm happily married thank you",I said and he only laughed, "Yes but dear Charolette has her eyes sat upon your darling husband". My blood was boiling and I could feel it coloring my cheeks, "That harlot better keep her hands off my husband, and you'd better keep yours away from me if you want keep them",I warned. "Dearest I encourage the challenge, it makes the victory all the more sweeter",he said voice dripping venomous honey, not what I had hoped to hear. "Just stay away from me",I said and stalked away. More then ever I wanted to leave and when I reached Casen and our car and saw him sitting on the hood hand wrapped in a towel and Miss Harlot Charolette standing near him I nearly lost it. "What happened",I demanded and Casen gave me sheepish look but Harlot just stared at the hand she was holding wrapped in a towel I could see was now stained with blood. "I cut myself with a screwdriver",Casen said nearly pouting, I grinned. "Only you Peaches could manage that". I glared at Charolette and all but jerked Casens hand out of her grasp and felt a little bad when he hissed. "Ow Noelle, not so rough huh",he said. I rolled my eyes but cooed, "Sorry baby". I grabbed the first aid kit from the trunk and then walked back to where Casen was sitting, a little pale, he didn't like the sight of blood, go figure when he'd seen enough of his own over the years. Charolette hadn't left so I handed the bloodied towel to her, "Hear ya go thanks for your help but I've got from here",I said politely but the 'LEAVE' that I wanted to yell was there and thankfully Harlot Charolette had enough brains to get the message and left.

I disinfected and bandaged Casens hand, the cut was deep but luckily didn't need stitches.

"How was your walk dollface",Casen ask me, "Find anything intresting". Nothing except that McCreepy was apartently a stalker'I thought. "No",is what I said. "Well I think I'll go give dad a call see if he can't track that part for me",Casen told me and I followed him back inside Hotel La Strange. I didn't listen to what Casen was saying except for that he wanted Dave to track the destatnation of our wayward car part, and that it was a three day drive and that Dave probly would have a hard time finding this place anyway. Which is probly why we didn't have our part' I thought bitterly, noone knows where this place is.

"Well looks like we might be here a little bit longer. I'm sorry doll.",Casens voice brought me out of thought and he wrapped his arms around me from behind so I leaned into him. "Its not your fault Peaches just faulty luck and bad computer modules". There was that laugh I adored followed Casen swooping down to kiss me. "You're something else Noelle Morgan and I love you",he said. I snorted, "You'd better precious, cause I can be very imaginitive when I wanna be". "Threat or promise ",he ask with another laugh and kiss and I felt better and decided that I'd go for another walk and drag Casen along this time.  Of course a rinky dink town like Ripley has nothing to offer in view and the surrounding territory was so rocky and unlevel that I didn't want to risk Casen falling and breaking a bone that we just walked and talked instead of exploring which has been my oringal intention. We did find a nice spot to relax and cool off in the shade of a big tree and as Casen snoozed, the worn old cap he'd decided to wear low over his eyes, I decided to climb said tree. I had always enjoyed climbing trees as a child and I hadn;t particularily grown out of it so I climbed and climbed til I could see well around the small non-town and its surrounding nothingness. I also saw McCreepy on top of the Inn and pointed in our derection, I wasn;t sure if her could us or me but I shauudered at the thought that maybe he could and was.

"Noelle what are you doing up there",Casen was awake and looking up at me, I had also stolen his hat so I could see the sun light turning his blonde hair gold. "Climbing whats it look like",I ask retorically. "Come down. Don't make me come up there get you sweetcheeks",he warned playfully, I laughed, "Go ahead and try, you'll fall out before you even really get up here". I could imagine the pout he wore because he knew what I said was true. "Its not my fault I get veritgo",he retorted and again I just laughed, "You Peaches are one in million",I recited then I dropped his hat down before climbing down. "How come you stay with me if I'm so clumsy",He ask as we walked back to the Inn, I shrugged, "I guess its cause you're so cute". "Cute",He questioned, I nodded, "Yep I like cute clutzy blonde haired, blue eyed mechanics". "I'm not sure if I feel flattered or if i'm generally confused". "You're always confused Peaches", I told him and received a teasing swat, "I suppose you're right",he said then grinned, "I'll race you to the Inn",and he took off, I grinned to myself as I yelled, "Run Sweetcheeks run".

And as I should have predicted Casen got tickled and tripped, "Hon, what have I told you about trying to run and laugh at the same time", I teased. "Oh har har, you're so funny Noelle",Casen's voice was dripping sarcasm and his face flushed as he dusted off his jeans. "I hope you haven't hurt yourself Mr.Morgan",McCreepy said. I had forgot he'd been standing on the roof eariler and now he was standing at the door looking at me even though he was speaking to Casen. "Nothing but my pride",Casen said gruffily and I sighed as he tugged at the bandage that had came off his hand. "I'm gonna go get cleaned up a little",he said as he walked past Greyson and into the Inn. The creep smiled at me, "Your husband is a amusing sort",he said but he didn't sound smug like I thought he would, instead he said it sort of fondly. "Hes clumsy",I said without thinking and frowned at myself and glared at McCreepy. "An endearing quality i'm sure",he said and I snorted, "Everything about him is endearing to me thats why I married him and that why we get along so well, we don't fault each other",I said thinking about all the things Casen did that amused me and how I did things that amused him. "Such a beautiful smile can only be because of fond memories",Greyson said. I nodded, "Yes they are and I can't imagine myself with anyone other then Casen",I said. But McCreepys smile never waivered and he got an intense look in his dark eyes, "I'm sure you'd learn to love another the same if something ever happened to dear Casen". I frowned at his words, "I doubt it, but then I don't think I have a reason to worry about such things". "Are you positive?"he ask. I stared at him, "Yes I'm positive, and like I told you before stay away from me".I warned. I felt his eyes on me as I walked into the Inn and surrpressed a shudder. I found Casen by the phone and he had a frown on his handsome face. "Whats wrong",I ask. "Dad says that the truck delivering the module was in an accident so it'll be a few more days before another goes into Claxton and thats twenty some miles from here and so far besides the Caringtons I don't think theres anyone else who could have a vehicel to get there in". I frowned myself, another few days in this craphole place with Harlot Charolette, McCreepy and the hardly ever present Mr. Carington Sr. Even that older couple from a couple nights ago had left though I hadn't even noticed they were gone til now. Come to think of it I hadn't even heard their car at any time, weird.

"Noelle",I looked at Casen who was smiling, "Off in the land of nod dollface". I shrugged, "Just thinking. You know its weird". "Whats weird".Casen ask as I sat myself on his lap. "That older couple that was here when we first got here, they aren't here, in fact I don't remember them leaving but they aren;t here either". "That is kinda odd, but they probly left very early, you know while we were still sleeping",Casen offered in answer and I shrugged, "I guess that possible. Oh well I'm hungry",I said as I got up, "Its almost supper time so lets go eat",I pulled Casen up with me and pulled him to the dining room feeling partly that I didn't want either of us alone after that odd talk with Greyson McCreepy earlier. Dinner was on the table but neither Harlot Charolette or Greyson McCreepy were there and for that I was happy.

Later that night I was bored, again Casen had fallen asleep watching an old movie but I wasn't tired, so used to working the night shift at work, so I decided to head downstairs. It was when I got downstairs that I was sure I was in a nightmare and it took everything I had in me not to turn around running and screaming back up the stairs.
© Copyright 2011 Vamp Writer Chrys 23 (vampwriterchrs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809610-In-the-Town-of-Ripley