*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809618-Asphyxiated
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #1809618
An experimental intro, I need feedback before I carry on the story.
She clicked the lighter and sparked the remains of last nights joint, pulled in the smoke and leant out the window to blow it into the still morning air. Her faded, fiery red hair and disintegrating eye-liner gave her a beautiful air of ambivalence. She stared out across the street as she took another toke and tried to work out exactly where 'home' now was in her head, she couldn't find it.
"hey.. What are you doing?! My mum will flip if she wakes up and sees you!" the guy behind her whispered as he flung himself out of bed and towards her.
"Want some?" she said, offering the last toke yet refusing to look around at him. He was the first guy she'd ever fucked for a place to stay and even a year later, she couldn't quit the habit.
"no! Look, you've gotta be quiet, my parents can't know you're here. They'll be gone by nine and then i'll take you wherever you want to go..." he put his hand on her shoulder to gently demand her attention. She turned to look at him, he had short, mud coloured hair, a tanned and chiselled body and he was ever so slightly taller than her. He was also entirely naked, she reminded herself that this was probably her fault.
"You know they'll flip if they see you here again" he reminded her as he slipped his hands onto her waist and tried to pull her off the window sill. Still she just looked at him, this time into his eyes, Cai's eyes were her weakness, she didn't love him, she denied it with every fibre of her being. She couldn't deny that she liked him though, he was the closest she'd ever had to a best friend, best friends and sex were fine but best friends and relationships weren't an option. She took the last toke and threw it out the window before letting him get his way.
"nine o'clock sharp?..." she said, raising her eyebrows demandingly.
He sighed, "yes, nine o'clock sharp, they'll be gone and I'll take you to pick up."
She'd just opened her mouth to argue her point in this non-existent argument before he cut in again - "and yes, Lulu. I am WELL aware of what you will do if they haven't gone by then, just please get back into bed?...Please?"
Lulu nodded at him before rolling her eyes and launching herself out of his arms and onto the bed, landing with an inevitable thump of the mattress.
"jeeeez!" he loudly whispered over her stifled giggles. "Do you have to do that? Shhh! Fucking hell, you'll be the end of me" he slipped into his side of the bed as she slipped under the covers. They looked at each other briefly, before she turned over to face the wall, he did the same and closed his eyes.
"Thanks Cai."
She started drifting off just as the weed crept into her mind and began the process of temporarily shutting off her emotions.



Posted 11/09/2011 22:49
This intro is my own original work, this is the first time I have publicly shown it and I would prefer if people respected the time, effort and the emotional value rooted in my work by not claiming it as there own or posting it without prior permission
© Copyright 2011 Jessyka Moyse (thectdesign at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809618-Asphyxiated