*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809705-All-Hope-Lost
by bc4902
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1809705
Ghost Story of a Dark Lonely Road
 All Hope Lost  (13+)
Ghost Story of a Dark Lonely Road
#1809705 by bc4902
         I made my last sales call, and I travelled on a back road in Portage, Pennsylvania trying to make my way to 422 East to get back to my condo in Downingtown.  I could barely see out the window as the rain poured heavily down, and I felt the loudest bump of my life.

           I limped as far to the side of the road as I could.  I got out and changed the tire.  I tried to start the car, and the engine failed to turn over.  I wanted to call Fred on my cell phone, but the battery was dead.  I had a jacket with a hood, and I started to walk to find a phone for help.

         As I walked down the street, a large bearded man with a maroon sweatshirt began to follow, and I hurried my pace.  When the man gave chase, I turned in an attempt to fight and dropped suddenly to the ground as everything went dark. 

         I awoke with my hands chained to a car door in what appeared to be a junkyard.  The burly man with a beard walked up to me.  Just as I whined, “What do you want with me?” I saw his foot in motion, and he kicked me square in the jaw.  He commanded, “Eat.  You’ll need it, boy.”  I looked down with blood draining from lip, and began to spoon the goop in the shiny bowl in front of me.  Starving like a stray dog, I hungrily lapped up the goop.  I then slurped the small bottle of water.  I started to go hazy, and everything soon went black. 

         When I came to, I saw a fire in the middle of a circle of wrecked cars surrounding me.  My heart beat a thousand times a minute, and the hair stood up on my neck.  I caught a glimpse of a monstrous shadow in front of me, and suddenly, a big black snarling German Sheppard appeared in front of me.  I felt a jolt as I feared for my life.  I ran to a wrecked car, and the angry dog followed.  I lured him to me and slammed his head into the side of the car with the door.  I picked up a steel pipe and swung down on the whimpering dog several times in a fit of panic.  As I looked for a way out, I heard a click.  In a flash, everything went blank. 

         Slowly arising, I looked around and saw faint light coming through holes in the container that caged me.  I felt the movement of a vehicle, and I felt disoriented.  I looked around, and I could not find a way out.  I sat imprisoned in a container riding along for what seemed a long time.  I completely lost all hope. 

         When the vehicle stopped, I felt my container lowered to the ground by some type of crane.  The front of my container swung open, and the hulking figure lunged at me.  I tried to avoid him, but I felt a prick on the side of my neck.  The dark sides of the box blurred, and I blacked out again.

         I awoke to the man in a ski mask shouting, “Boy, you ruined my video and killed my dog!  I’ll show you, boy!”  I looked to my right side and saw a camera on a tripod pointed in my direction.  My head snapped in the direction of a whirring sound, and I felt the teeth of the circular saw ripping my flesh!  I shouted in astonishment and agony. 

         I woke up on the back road in Portage, and I now wander alone.  I have never blacked out since that horrible day.  I lost all hope of my story ever being told, and I can’t find my way back home.
© Copyright 2011 bc4902 (bc4903 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809705-All-Hope-Lost