*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810008-A-Healthier-Happier-Better-You
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #1810008
This is an article is on mastering the art of taking care of ones self .
Is it just me or has everyone forgotten how to take time for themselves? It seems today there is so much to do and so little time. While overwhelmed with our jobs, friends, family and miscellaneous pressing issues pulling us in all directions, it's no wonder most of us are extended to the max, over worked, underpaid stressed out and unhappy. There are so many excuses and reasons why we neglect to take care of ourselves. Working to aquire the basic essential for most of us is a challenge within itself. The truth of the matter is, taking care of ourselves has become over shadowed by long hours at work, a life of rushing here and there, taking care of family and household. A minute becomes an hour, an hour becomes a day, a day becomes a month. Before we know it, a year has gone by, never giving thought to the fact that most of the time we spend, is spent catering to the needs of others. It is time to reflect on you! Take a pause for a minute. Take care of yourself. To some this notion may seem a selfish act but it is an act that is an absolute must. If you want to make it to see another year, that is. Look at it this way. If you don't take care of yourself, how can you take care of others or those things most important to you? All is not lost by taking a moment to rewind. Besides it's a moment well earned. I feel it is my duty to offer some advise on helping you become a happier, healthier, better you. Yes I am going against my philosophy at the moment but if I do it now I won't have to worry about you later. Here are some steps to get you started on the right path to becoming a healthier happier, better you.

1. Rest! Taking 15 minutes out of the day to reflect on positive thoughts will do you a world of good. Getting more than five hours of sleep will also do you well. I've learned to take those extra moments when ever I can. They all add up.

2. Your body is a temple. Treat it as such. Eat well. Drink enough water. I try drink no less than 8 glasses of water a day and to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, proteins and carbs through out the day. A nice spa day or day of pampering won't kill you. Besides you've endured much worse. Take a day to relax.

3. Find a hobbie or something you enjoy. For me I prefer the gym, yoga or running. It gives me the opportunity to let off some steam. There's nothing like a good sweat. It gets rid of the toxins and impurities in the body, while at the same time giving you a more positive construct to focus upon.

4.Do something for someone else that you feel good about as opposed to feeling obligated to. There is a big difference between obligation and courteousness. I devote my time and experience as an fitness trainer and teacher to tutoring local family, youth groups and organizations. Theres something very rewarding and enriching for the soul on both parts. You're giving and receiving.

5.Planning your day helps keep you organized and focused. In the end, this will help you regain some of those hours otherwise lost trying to figure out the next move. I get distracted very easily. Every thing I do goes on the calendar. If it's not on the calendar, the priority is secondary.

6. Don't be so hasty to involve yourself in helping others solve their problems. Its ok to want to help others. However in most cases the best help is to not help at all. Some times we do ourselves more harm than good by extending aid to others. Stay neutral. The problem will fix itself.

7. Be good to yourself. Treat yourself as you would want others to treat you.

8. Take a vacation. I know what you're thinking. Who has the time? Most of us think of vacationing as an expensive, extended stay somewhere foreign or exotic. I'm highly in favor of any place if you have the time. A vacation is a vacatio whether far or near. There are so many places right in our own back yards to retreat to. Be creative.

9. Read and listen to your favorite music. Reading and listening to music of all kinds helps me escape as well. Find a good book, crank those tunes, kick up those feet and relax. Have a nice cool drink. Something healthy and refreshing preferably. I'll leave that to your own discretion.

10. Repeat steps one through nine and you're well on your way to a happier, healthier, better you.

-WiL T
July, 25th 2011
© Copyright 2011 WiLTurnerWrites (willtee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810008-A-Healthier-Happier-Better-You