*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810285-flashing
by STEVE
Rated: E · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1810285
outsmarting his smartness.
                                                  FLASHING



Wining, dining, smoking,  romancing …



That had been his bliss ever since he arrived at the five stars, Prime Hotel. 



The jackpot came towards in the afternoon, and at evening, he had immediately transferred from the penurious stench stinking in his one room apartment in the slum of a suburb into the aromatic affluence scenting around Prime Hotel in the city.



“Why don’t you buy a land and build a house? The money you’ve been spending for over three months that we’ve been lodging here is well enough to build a mansion and remember, our wedding is near, we need money.” said Amina, whose hand had been caressing his hairy chest as they lied on the twenty inches bed less mattress, creamed with much hairy Dubai bed sheet.



“Don’t worry my dear; I thank God that I have arrived. My life is now immune from poverty. What I am spending here is a mere peanut to the booty God has given me. We shall be in this paradise for another three months”



“Another three months!” she said with a grin. “Oooh my Ali”. The noisy kissing that followed was interrupted by Ali’s phone.



“Oh shit!”



“What is it?”



“This unknown madman or madwoman has been flashing me since yesterday and when I call him he will not pick the call. At times it would seem he is calling, and when I want to pick it, he will cut it off.” 



“Pick it, maybe he or she will be sensible this time not to cut it off.”



“I said he will cut it off.”



“Just try it again”



“Ok, I will and you will see what I mean … you see?”



“Ha, but what kind of a human being is that?”



“Only God knows. Throughout yesterday that you were not around, the person kept pestering me. And this is my hot line I can neither off it nor put it on silence because of one animal!” Ali hissed.



“Calm yourself honey.” A kiss on his cheek was followed by another. “l must kill your bitterness with my sweetness now.”



It was after two hour when the fire in them had been completely put off that Amina rose to go and make her hair. Ali rose his tired body and saw her off to the gate and returned back. He fell like a log onto his mattress. He was snoring when his phone interrupted. “Mad man!” he roared



The madman flashing Ali was terribly driving him into madness. It was a cross crushing him, even Amina when she returned from a travel was worried for her man.



“Easy honey, don’t be so embittered by the nuisance of one insane faggot.”



“Baby, if I can lay my hand on this beast that have been pestering my life for over a month, I will make sure he spend the rest of his life in jail with the hardest labour … wait a minute,” Ali flipped his finger  “I should have thought of this”



“What?”



“I should have gone to Glo office, the idiot is using Glo, I can simply go to Glo and complain. Through them I can get in touch with the madman and … I know what to do now”



Ali went to Glo office and poured out his dilemma. The Glo manager pitied him and was ready to cooperate with him



“Mr. Manager, please, immediately you called him to your office, please call me so that I can come and beg him to stop flashing me,” said Ali with a moving voice that could captivate even the stone hearted.



But Ali had a plan for the beast, he would wait patiently for the Glo manager to call then he would go along with his three thugs to go and bash the beast. Two days later, the Glo manager called.



“OK, OK, I will be there in minutes” Ali quickly phoned the thugs then he drove along with them to Glo. He arrived and walked angrily with his men into the Glo manager’s office.



“Ali, its nice meeting you again.”



“Ha … em … Chief John.” Ali stuttered



Chief John dialed his phone. “Officers, the man have come.” The three policemen hanging around the glo gate, rushed in. Ali managed to recover from his shock.



“Chief John, please, please let sort things out as friends.”



“Who is your friend,” he giggled menacingly, “well, we can sort it out at the police station … officers this is the man” as one of the officers handcuffed Ali, Chief John turned to the bewildered Glo manager while the thugs quietly sneaked away. ‘Mr. Manager, I thanked you for inviting me here. I have been looking for this bastard for over four months. He doesn’t pick my call ever since he duped me; that was why I have been using another line to pester him with the calculation that he will come and report the menace. I am happy I have calculated well” 

 

                                                                                              Stephen Adinoyi

   



















© Copyright 2011 STEVE (adinoyi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810285-flashing