*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810900-Wulfeinthorne-Origins-Swordcraft
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1810900
Lokhan Wulfeinthorne is a legend across many lands, and worlds.
Chapter 1: Gaius Lore

Through many lands and many valleys, some his world and some not, his name has been told. It is a sure thing that no matter how many thousands of years the universe sees, his name will not be forgotten.

Lorkhan Wulfeinthorne, a man birthed in Gaius, forged from battle, and shaped by the many worlds through which he has traveled, has a noble soul, but a lions heart. The fierceness of a wolf, and the rage of a bear.

The world he began his existence as a legend in, was known as Gaius. It was a place of men with extraordinary ability and skill.

The northernmost land at the time of Lorkan was Apparus, where the men were able to learn and remember many more things and at a faster rate than any other man on Gaius.
There was then the Regi south of them, who had harder skin, which would help them against low or high temperature as they would barely feel it, but it would also make it more difficult to cut their skin, and thus making them more difficult to kill. To the south of Regi, there were two lands that were owned by two warring peoples to the east and west of one another, but for now, the lands even further south will be examined.
Vesica was a land of men who who had quick reflexes, and were much faster than other men.
There was a land to west of here called Curvus, where men were immune to all diseases and poisons. Nothing could affect their blood, and they were the most resistant.
A little to the north of here was Vir, and men here could build muscle much more quickly than other men.
An a little to the west of here was Clino, and men had a strange anatomy here. If one of their vital systems failed, there was a back up system within them, making them even tougher to kill than the Regi.

Now we must focus on the two Gaiuine nations that hated one another the most. There were many warring factions of Gaius, but almost all for the personal interests of their kings. The Apparus and the Curvus would play a sick and disturbed form of chess with their own human soldiers. Lands were even designated for battles between the armies of Appar and Curv lords that were sometimes the great friends merely playing what they saw as a game. The Vir and the Regi would have their strongest warriors duel over small strips of land, but no matter who won there would be an argument between the teams of supporters for each champion that would always be violent enough to classify as a small skirmish. The usual conflicts on Gaius were insignificant and short over petty things such as land, but there were two nations, Reme and Damnos that genuinely hate one another.

On Gaius, between the Northernmost tip of Curvus, and the Southernmost tip of Apparus, was a place called Mageddo, where many battles took place between the the different nations. These Maggado lands were always the place where two generals of armies challenged each other to. On either side of this massive battlefield were Reme to the west, and Damnoria to the east. The Remans were considered savages by many of the worlds nations, but they had a culture that demanded unbreakable courage and honor. To the east of them were the Damnorians, who would practice brutal blood rituals in worship to their God, Agleaca.

Yet, despite the Remans honor and the Damnorian horrors, many nations favored Damnos. The reason for this is that the Damnorians would steal great amounts of wealth from caravans. This caused the Damnorians to have vast amounts of gold. The Remans on the other hand had vast amounts of indelibite, the strongest metal to make swords with, which was highly valued by all the Remans enemies, allies, and associates. They could have been a rich country, but had no desire to sell this metal, for what was on their land was rightfully theirs and theirs alone. The Remans will to keep all their precious metal within their own land would result in a great war that ended many lives and shake Gaius to its core, and above all, be the origins of a great Reman legend.


Chapter 2: Plan of Invasion

From a distance, if one were to watch, they would see what seemed to be a black cloud, with a few limbs showing themselves at the side every now and again, and many spears and halberd sticking upwards to the gods. This black cloud would move back and forth in the same general area in front of a structure that was undoubtedly a castle from any distance, emitting a certain sound, that was similar to a thousand wacks of bamboo against wood. The afternoon sun blackened the detail of these marching soldiers.
From a closer view, one would clearly see the men clad in black iron with long spears in hand, marching back and forth in front of this castle. In the soot their feet would stomp down, kicking up the ash which would blacken their armor even more. These men then turned their face to a position facing directly away from the castle, as they could see that far off in the distance, an army of almost pearly white armor, turning grey from the atmosphere, were marching through the town nearby in their direction, followed by an army of equally annoyed men, with the black dirt of burning timber creeping up their uniforms. The men of black armor were spread to the sides of the castle gate as it opened.
There in that castle, in that land of Damnos, on that late afternoon, lords and kings of every nation outside Reme sat at a long table, to discuss the issue that Vlad Scariot, the emperor of Damnos, saw with Gaius. He stood his pale, tall figure up, his white hair cascading down his face but his eyes completely black, for no Damnorian had whites to their eyes. He stood at 6'5 180 blb's of lean weight. He was a frightening man, but wore a friendly smile at the moment that was so contradictory to his known nature it caused a chill to run up the spine of every man in the meeting.
"Good afternoon...gentlemen. Like every man who is a man at all and not an animal has done I have made various observations and am constantly heart broken by the flaws with all our nations." Vlad said, smug smirk across his face.
"You are not one to seek solutions to another pain, nor is any other Damnorian. We know that this is for your own personal gain and you hope to entice us with offers of gold to aid you in some insane plan to better the state of your country. Speak quickly and to the point." Shouted Lord Augustus Domitian of Apparus.
"Stand down and lower yourself before a king, Domitian!" Shouted another lord of Apparus.
"Gentlemen!" shouted Vlad Scariot, in a manner most friendly and with a deceptive softness to his tone "I plead you, argue not. The young lord expressed concern that I talk around the point, and I admire his honesty and realism. What man does not feel some burn of annoyance when another man just cant seem to find the point of his statement. My point is simple. Every nation of Gaius has its own flaw, its own curse. Here, in Damnoria, we have great difficulty finding metals and are forced to create weapons from obsidian whenever we dont have the gold to buy iron or let alone steel, not to mention the lack of vegetation. You in Apparus may seem to be prospering, but are currently lacking in raw material, considering you have worked them so much. Then in Regi, there is vegetation aplenty, but very few metals besides gold, which is good for currency but bad for blades. In Curvus there is, much like in Apparus, plenty of gold but no other resources. Then in Clino, there is little food to go around, though there is much gold, same with Vir."
"I notice you are mentioning every nation that is present in this meeting," blurted out Shui Khan, a Curvan general "And I also noticed that no representative of Reme is present."
"Keen eye, and thank you very much for allowing my point to be discussed. You see, nations of Gaius, I did rehearse this many times, the flaws of Gaiuine nations, and something occurred to me: Where Reme lacks in wealth, it makes up for in vegetation to grow, game to hunt, and of course their precious indellibite. You see, Reme has every resource needed through which they can sustain themselves. They have little gold, but then again, they need no gold."
"I did mention earlier to speak to the point?" interrupted the Apparun lord.
"Many of us have fought with the men of Reme before. No nation could defeat this nation on its own, least not since they unified their clans, but I am fairly certain that if we throw enough resources into a plan I have in mind, we could all be successful in our own way."
"Your proposal?" Spoke a Curven lord.
"It is simple. With maybe three nations, we could force the Remans back into bondage. Their fields would be open to set up trading posts on, and the bottoms of their lakes and rivers are said to have indellibite of endless amounts. We could have them forge blades for any man who owns a Reman slave, and any man who owns Reman land could have Reman slaves mine from it. Imagine the power that could come to the nation that joins me in this quest. Any of you lords has the opportunity to increase their power. Will any among you be willing to sacrifice a little time from your lazy days in exchange for large amounts of power?"
"I would sacrifice a hundred billion men for blades of indellibite." Shouted Caligae, the current king of the Apparus.
"Remans have come to our aid on many occasions. We decline." Announced Wang Mu, queen of Curvus.
"Many of the Gaiuine nations, including us, are sick and tired of your various complaints about the Remans , as well as your whining about your own lack of metals. The nation of Regi, as well as its king, Abasi, decline." Spoke the servant of King Abasi, who never spoke to anyone but his servants when giving orders.
"I suppose I can spare a few resources in exchange for unbreakable steel." Spoke Sagawa Miyamoto, king of Vesica.
The meeting went on, and the remaining nations decided to remain neutral in the war, but did assure Scariot that there were mercenary companies looking for work. Before the meeting adjourned, a feast was held for all the leaders present. This was one of the rare times in which King Abasi spoke "Disgusting" left his his mouth upon seeing the feast placed upon the table, and he rudely walked out. The Curven soon followed without speaking.
Outside the castle, Wang Mu gave orders to her messengers "Warn the Remans of the upcoming attack. Go quickly and be sure no Damnorians follow."
© Copyright 2011 thdrkrage (thdrkrage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810900-Wulfeinthorne-Origins-Swordcraft