*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811383-Wild-Rose-Chapter-5
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1811383
Everyone is getting along just fine. Ari gets abducted, for a short time. What happens?
Chapter 5


I've heard many people sing, but this band of pirate people are just horrible...other than Ike, he sings pretty good, and that's a surprise. They were singing an old folktale and I recognized it almost immediately, I used to sing it whenever I was young, I insisted on walking because I was too bored to sit in the cargo wagon. Besides! The poor horse didn't need anything else weighing it down. Ike suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front, "Come on Ari, sing, show these guys what a wonderful voice you have." I rolled my eyes and began to sing the folktale along with Ike, and we didn't sound bad at all...the soldiers stared in wonder and then when we all finished they all clapped and cheered for each other.

It was all a surprise, I was suddenly lifted into the air, then well...I was on a branch. How on Earth did I get here?! Ike and the army were just down below, I looked over to my other side and there was a young man not older than 20. He smiled at me and then kissed my hand, I glared at him, "Who gave you the permission to swoop down and get me all the way up here?" The man just laughed, he finally replied, " I'm sorry mademoiselle...but you have the most beautiful voice and the most gorgeous face, I just have to have you for myself." I blushed furiously and yelled back, "How dare you! Put me down this instinct!" Ike and the army glared furiously at the man, he spoke up, "We had her first, return to us our lady." I looked down at them for a second and then put my hand on my hip, "Yeah...what he said.." The man shook his head, "No can do, besides she would get a good job at my brothel. What do you say sugar lips? How bout it?" I have never been this insulted in my life! The man awaited my answer, my whole face must have been furiously red because the look on the man's face grew from seduction to sudden fear. "Sugar lips...sugar lips, huh?! YOU INSOLENT MAN! You dumb piece of crap! You never, ever, call a true lady sugar lips!!" In my fury, I didn't know exactly what was going on, but I did know that I threw him an extremely hard punch in the face, knocked a couple of teeth out. The crew below were able to catch him when he fell down though.

Now my rage was over and I returned back to normal, I really didn't look down at all...I was just so mad before. Now that I do look down, it's just so very high up. I yelped and grabbed onto the tree, the man they caught was leaning against a tree in a daze, singing some weird song. Ike busted out laughing and yelled up at me, "What a tree hugger...so, you wanna get down so we could get moving?" I looked down at them and then panicked even more, "Wait, get down?! How am I going to get down!!?? It's too high up!" From here, I was sure I saw Ike smirk.

"'Don't worry, I'm coming." I suddenly felt dizzy and maybe just a bit sick, I closed my eyes and yelled, "Please hurry." Someone was standing so close, I could feel his breath on my neck. I gasped and turned around, "Would you stop yelling." I smiled but took a wrong step and felt myself falling, I screamed loudly...but I didn't feel myself fall. I opened my eyes and looked down, my face turned pale...it was still pretty high up, then I turned to look at Ike who's face was so close to mine. I blushed and then looked up, we were hanging by a thick vine just a few 30 feet below the branch. Ike sighed and I snapped my attention back to his face, he was smirking...as usual. "Your so predictable, Ari." I sighed and blew a piece of hair out of my face, "I couldn't help it! Sorry...truely." He looked at me a bit surprised and then he did this cute smile and it set my heart to a fast pace, "It's alright, I'd say it was quite an adventure." I smiled back too. He brushed a stray strand of hair out of my face, this was the first time I didn't twitch or jump.

Then I heard something beginning to rip, I looked around and then back at Ike, he was also curious. "That wasn't your stomach, was it?" I asked still looking around, Ike gave me a bored expression and replied, "Really? Of course it wasn't." The second time we heard the rip we both looked up at the vine, "Oh...dear." The vine finally snapped and we were both falling down, I screamed and Ike yelled in excitement...typical. I held onto him and he got an iron grip on my waist we were stopped by a bed of amazingly strong moss. I looked around in fascination, "Woah...how is this holding us up? And that's an unusual color for moss.." Ike answered all these questions, "I know this type of moss, it's called floating moss...it's extremely strong, you could use like a parachute I guess." I was happy to learn something new, if it can be used like a parachute, then? It's like he read my mind, he began to cute the moss, then he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close with a seductive smile, I rolled my eyes. We fell through but the moss acted like a parachute and we finally landed on the ground safely. The crew cheered and piled around us, I yelled over to Ike, "Thanks for saving me." He smiled and replied, "Hey, I couldn't leave you as a damsel in distress." I laughed and shook my head, the crew seemed especially happy to see me, they hugged me and kissed my hands. I was flattered, truly.
© Copyright 2011 Mano Lee (rameneater123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811383-Wild-Rose-Chapter-5